Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

G-tech meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G-tech meter

i order this on ebay last week for 39bux and man it was worth it.
    me and my couzin just tried it out and the shits nice....
    kinda looks like an old as radar but it does the job.

i recommend it for practicing for the track (if urs closes like mines for the winter) or if u dont have a track in ur area.

it was hard to kinda understand but once u do its nice. it was just hard to get the display to say -GO-, but after u find out how to do that.....its tight.

all i was able to run was a 1/4 with my stock cb7 91 coupe.

it ran a 17.2 in a 1/4.

and 10.2 0-60mph

but i didnt even floor it from the jump, so i guess if i did it would had ran a high 16

damn i love this thing......

cant wait to get strip car fixed (sense the tracks gona be close by then... ) but ill have my g-tech....

just had to share with my cb7 folk
    Last edited by theone; 11-08-2003, 02:12 PM.
    NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

hey bro i have a gtech as well....

i ran a 16.92 at best 3 times pretty cool..still dont know how...17.0, 17.02constant....lowest was 17.9 due to peeling out in my auto matic.

i never seen my 0 to 60 time....lol im looking at the road and not the meter...

i bought mine for 50...

i like it, measuring HP though i dont like...
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=&threadid=756

i have mine posted in the electronics forum....u can see my times there...

heh 16.1 on a hill hahah
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

it's a great product for sure, especially if you have a good wide open FLAT parking lot or something, somewhere away from traffic and people to use it with, otherwise, it's a terrible product and it should be outlawed ;o).....mostly because people sometimes just think every road is a race way, and sadly, people get hurt when that happens.

Anyhow happy tuning

- Nathan
        Nathan Morris

92 Accord LX - RIP
        92 Civic CX B18B1 Hatch - RIP (126whp, i/h motor)
        99 Civic EX Coupe w/ 1.9L stroker on the way, current at 121whp.

nonVTEC.com - Technical discussion for F, D, and H series nonVTEC tuners

H22Power.com

Comment

ur right, i found myself doing that for a minute, then i caught myself....
          but i have a industrial park around here where its completely empty on the weekends so thats where i practice.

but as for the hp reading, i dont like also, u have to really get on it to get a good reading, u need a lot of road and a 1/4 mile roads not gona do it, need like a long country road.
          NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Dammit Theo!!!

I had to get one too...lol.

couldn't pass up the $39.90 pricetag...

I'll post some Gtech times when it arrives...
            RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

GTECH is pretty cool. I was kinda bummed when i heard saw the numbers.

I ran the quarter mile 1 time: 17.1 q/t booooo!

ran 0-60 twice: 9.5 seconds and 8.75 seconds.

I haven't had time to play with it too much 'cause i'm maddd busy.
              BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

i know the hp ratings can be kinda iffy cause it depends on how accurate you enter info like weight. but hows the accuracy when it comes to 1/4 times?

im assuming it determines the 1/4 mark how a odometer would. but that means losing traction on the launch would make the distance incorrect. right? im thinking the more your tires spin without moving would make the 1/4 mark come sooner that it actually is... in the gtechs mind anyways.

Comment

yeap, exactly.

like for my 0-60mph... as u see its 7.7

but i spun all thru 1st and the beginning of 2nd.
                  if i would had had better traction that might have been a 6sec. run.
                  for the HP estimate, im not sure i tried it once but u need a lot of road to really do it. i got on the highway and tried it but people kept cutting me off, so i gave up.

but for the 1/4mile, its accurate.

the road i practice on is only a 1/4 if i run thru the stop sign damn near into traffic.
                  but i tried to run a 1/4 but the metter cought me while i was braking so i braked into the 1/4mile at 69mph.....ran a 16.2

our cars can run the 1/4 mile at 79mph and up into the 80mph range.
                  so if u subtract me braking and add me still accelerating......up to 80+mph, it would have been a 15sec run.
                  but i dont try the 1/4mile anymore, i almost ran into the woods sunday tryna get the exact time and still had to brake....lol

so i just practice my 0-60 time tryna get that quick and consistent.
                  i average 8.1 but i ran two 7's so im tryna get it in the low 7 range constent
                  NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Originally posted by NoScreenName
                    Dammit Theo!!!

I had to get one too...lol.

couldn't pass up the $39.90 pricetag...

I'll post some Gtech times when it arrives...

i kno right, them things are to fun.......i cant wait til Sundays come around now.....i use the g-tech all day
                    NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

yo theo (your name right?), what mods do you have on your accord to make it go 7.7 (constant 8.0)? I got went down from a 0-60 = 9.5 ----> 8.67. I'm only .9 seconds away from you!

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

Comment

well i might be running better then that. i just realized the place i run at has a slope which effects my time alot. i ran the street the other way and pulled a 7.5

i have mild p&p head
                        adjustable FPr
                        header
                        gude cam
                        aem cam gear (not adjusted tho)
                        msd ignition system
                        jg TB
                        throttle rotor
                        air intake
                        full exhaust
                        plus 200 more pounds then u....lol
                        but im tryna liter her up.

im gona practice tomorrow so ill let u kno what i run constent sense i found out about the slope.

also my car pulls really hard at the top end
                        finally got to run a 1/4mile with the g-tech and pulled a 15.8 at 89 mph......but this time i didnt have my camera with me, hopefully i can do it again tomorrow

but yeah man, ur Dx is quick, i think the dx is the best car to drop a h22 or build a f22 in, because there already the litest
                        NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

check out what i pulled tonight.

best run of the night.

2 runs: 8.56, 8.09

not bad for an auto DX

mods:
                          - generic short ram
                          - high flow cat
                          - 2.25" custom cat back + obx muffler
                          - megan racing headers.

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

Comment

NICE MAN!!!

hey but i got a new time for ya....
                            runing 7.5.-7.7 0-60mph
                            2 runs and pulled both times but i wasnt able to get a pic because i took a pic of this...........

i kept going to see if i can catch the 1/4mile time and i did and here it is....
                            Attached Files
                            NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

15.77 SECONDS, i forgot @ what mph.
                              o and dont mined the windshield, its a towl to block the glare
                              NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Working...
                              X