Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Lsd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lsd

Im looking for a LSd for my H22a. I was going to get a Phantom grip but i heard horror stories..so i opted for the Quaife.

Its mad loot but its great..but really do i have any other options?

I really dont know of any other LSDs'

Thanks guys.

Try looking for a Factory LSD H22 Trans first...might find one cheep!!

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
    1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
    1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

Gear speed put in a new gen obx lsd into my tranny and its great so far.

Comment

Originally posted by StinkinLincoln View Post
        Try looking for a Factory LSD H22 Trans first...might find one cheep!!
        I picked this tranny up for cheap so i just got it..

Comment

Originally posted by jimy View Post
          Gear speed put in a new gen obx lsd into my tranny and its great so far.
          Gear Speed?

OBX LSD..hmm how much do they go for and are they the same design as the phantom grip?

Comment

Originally posted by kantkillkeenan View Post
            Gear Speed?

OBX LSD..hmm how much do they go for and are they the same design as the phantom grip?
            Gear speed builds and rebuilds racing transmission for Honda's. Carbon sychro gears and custom gears. Anything you want.

OBX gen 2 and 3 are fine. They've been tweeked to work normally. Gen one had axel sticking issues. OBX runs about $300-$400.

Comment

Go with gearspeed and get a quaife they can get them for you cheaply there. And in the meantime when your getting that done there for you have them fully inspect the whole transmission. Better safe than sorry while it open.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                Go with gearspeed and get a quaife they can get them for you cheaply there. And in the meantime when your getting that done there for you have them fully inspect the whole transmission. Better safe than sorry while it open.
                Ok so i guess ill look them up and try to get a Quaife. My buddy works for honda so the tranny has no issues. Where are they located? I'll look it up when i get home but im just curious. OBX might be the way i go if they are good and have no issues.

thanks guys

Comment

check out mfactory. I've got a buddy that is using one on his b16 and it works well. There is an H2 preped prelude running one with no problems.
                  For $649 they're a steal. I'm probably going to run one.

Comment

Originally posted by preludeman92 View Post
                    check out mfactory. I've got a buddy that is using one on his b16 and it works well. There is an H2 preped prelude running one with no problems.
                    For $649 they're a steal. I'm probably going to run one.
                    I just talked to the guy at gspeed and he suggested that one too. i might as well considering he cant get a discount on the Quaife.

Comment

m factory, quaife, obx. They are all based off the same design. Each of them are just the same qaulity. Your just buying a name.

Comment

the phantom grip lsd is not the same as the quaife, obx, or mfactory. I had one but never installed it. I had traded it to deeve for another cb part.

Good luck with the tranny! I would love to send mine in one day for some carbon synchros one year lol.

Comment

I highly recommend GearSpeed. I had them put together a tranny for me with carbon coated synchros and my Quaiffe LSD. I've had the tranny in the car for over a year and no problems with it whatsoever. They state on their website that there is no warranty on the stage 1 thru stage 3 transmissions, but the DO stand behind their product. THey have to state that there is no warranty due to the fact that these are normally built for racing and most racing parts have no warranty because they are purchased to be beat on HARD! If you have a problem with your GearSpeed built tranny, they will definitely help you if you have not thrashed it, missed shifts, etc (user error).

If you have the funds, go for it! I've heard good and bad on the Phantom Grip, you definitely get what you pay for when you purchase an LSD. But it isn't something that you want to have to take out for repair or maintenance, so get the best one you can afford and it will save you money in the long run. I would say in order of preference, first go with a Quaiffe, then mFactory, then OBX. Personally, I would avoid the Phantom Grip, but that's just me.
                          Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                          Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Factory LSD FTW!!
                            Your man for wiring solutions!
                            CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                            CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

I've used a couple of Wavetrac's new diffs in other cars and they are awesome for the price. I'm pretty sure they have one for H/F-series.

You can pick one up for around $600
                              SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
                              -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Working...
                              X