Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

chips, what u guys think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chips, what u guys think

what do you guys think about the speed chips being sold on ebay??? are they worth it....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2441216760

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2441014220

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2440266604

ino these are junk, but where can i get a real chip that will do something....

okey dokey:booty: :beat:

Comment

Ebay Chips....
      -Chris
      HondaSociety SN: HondaAdict

-1992 Honda Accord EX (Wrecked)
      -1991 Toyota MR2 Non-Turbo (New Ride)

Comment

Man i say fuck ebay chips reason being or chipped ecus from ebay. I really dont like chipped ecu's had one bad experience from them from hondamotorsonline when they chipped a automatic prelude p13 into a 5speed the shit idled like garbage. I hate it when muthafuckers like that pulled a fast one. I had nightmares ever since changed alotta shit come to find out it was the ecu damn never again ill fuck with a hondata though

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
          Man i say fuck ebay chips reason being or chipped ecus from ebay. I really dont like chipped ecu's had one bad experience from them from hondamotorsonline when they chipped a automatic prelude p13 into a 5speed the shit idled like garbage. I hate it when muthafuckers like that pulled a fast one. I had nightmares ever since changed alotta shit come to find out it was the ecu damn never again ill fuck with a hondata though
          I converted my JDM P13 auto to 5-Speed and chipped it with a Spoon varient and it ran great. It didn't give me any trouble and I put down close to 180 whp with it.

I'll be posting it on eBay this Sunday. There are some knowledgable people selling on eBay you just have to research before you buy it. Feedback is very important.
          My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Re: chips, what u guys think

Originally posted by kings_blend
            what do you guys think about the speed chips being sold on ebay??? are they worth it....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2441216760

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2441014220

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2440266604

ino these are junk, but where can i get a real chip that will do something....
            Oh yeah, and all this shit is just resistors but into pretty boxes. Basically they connect to the IAT circut which makes the computer think it's cold outside so it advances the timing. It's actually not a good idea and a pretty shitty mod at best. You could build the same thing with a dollar and a trip to Radio Shack but why bother.

Comment

I would never in my life buy a chip off of ebay.com. Most likely, it's going to do you no good more than it would good.
              Adam - Retired OG member from '03
              2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
              2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
              2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

hey busted

do you just randomly adjust the chip and see how it feels on the road? whats the best was to get a chip done the "right" way? im having the shop i got everything done at do one for me. they called it rom tuning. we're taking my car to a dyno and theyre going to run on it with a laptop hooked to my ecu, and adjust between runs.

do you know someone with a dyno? i read your post about your dyno runs and it seemed like you had easy access to one. do you have to burn a new chip everytime you made changes? btw, what ecu are you running?

Comment

oh well i think im just gonna buy like a mclaren f1 chip and glue it in my car somewhere...:booty:

Comment

Re: hey busted

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                    do you just randomly adjust the chip and see how it feels on the road? whats the best was to get a chip done the "right" way? im having the shop i got everything done at do one for me. they called it rom tuning. we're taking my car to a dyno and theyre going to run on it with a laptop hooked to my ecu, and adjust between runs.

do you know someone with a dyno? i read your post about your dyno runs and it seemed like you had easy access to one. do you have to burn a new chip everytime you made changes? btw, what ecu are you running?
                    I have access to a Dyno. It cost me money but I have access none the less.

I'm running a P28 ECU. Yes you must burn a chip between changes so it takes quite a few chips, luckly for me since thats what I do I have plenty and an eraser so nothing goes to waste.

Basically you put the car on a Dyno with a good base tune and start runing. You pay attention to how the car sounds, behaves, and how the AFR looks. Then you make your changes accordingly in the rom editor, burn the next chip, and repeat the processes.

It takes maybe an hour or two depending on how much tunning you need to do.

As for hooking up the laptop to the ECU.... well that's expensive and really not necessary. You can't even do it with a P13 and if you have a P28/P72/etc. you'll need hondata to actually interface the laptop and ECU. I don't if you've spent the cash on that. It's pretty pointless and an add-on to the basic Hondata setups. Only Hondata dealers are required to have it so that they can tune other Hondatas. The end user normally does not need that level of control over his engine management. The idea is to tune it right and be done with it.

The largest advantage to having an Emulator is not needing to reburn chips, but that's uneeded expense in my opinion.

Post your Dyno slips with afr plots when your done, also what actuall ECU and other engine management you are using.

Comment

unless you're like Jose and can reprogram your own chips or are into that kind of thing, I still highly recommend a programmable unit like the AEM EMS or Hondata, or even heck, the Apex'i SAFC comapred to the eBay chips. But in any case, no replacement for some dyno time. Otherwise, it's a waste, and in some cases, potentially dangerous

- Nathan
                      Nathan Morris

92 Accord LX - RIP
                      92 Civic CX B18B1 Hatch - RIP (126whp, i/h motor)
                      99 Civic EX Coupe w/ 1.9L stroker on the way, current at 121whp.

nonVTEC.com - Technical discussion for F, D, and H series nonVTEC tuners

H22Power.com

Comment

Does it cause any problems to switch ecu's from an ex into a lx? Also, I was wondering if the ex has a governer at all or is it just higher than the other models? I'm really really wanting to get rid of my governer, but I don't want to get a chipped ecu just yet.
                        Last edited by Fearit22; 12-07-2003, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Little help plz... somebody ... anybody?

Comment

The EX ECU has a higher speed limiter as it comes with higher speed rated tires.

Comment

haha glue the chip to your car, yeah could you post a how-to on that glue-ing
                              itd be greatly appreciated
                              lmao
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by accordzoom; 12-15-2003, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X