Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cutting up my intake mani and spacers to make 4 ports insteaf of 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutting up my intake mani and spacers to make 4 ports insteaf of 8

If I were to cut out the sections on my A6 manifold and spacers to make it to where it has 4 oval ports instead of 8 would it make a difference? I know i've seen someone do it on the intake manifold but can't remember who. It's on a n/a engine. I wasn't sure if the amount of time and work I would have to put into it to get it done would be worth it in the end. I also thought about just cutting everything out of the center of the spacer making it just a rectangle. Can anyone tell me any pros or cons of this? I figured there would be less inside the passages to block air but need more opinions. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

HondaFan81 did this on his white project. Pros for one is more plenum volume. Should also have an improvement in top in while the low end might suffera little. I was going to do it, still might just it's a good bit of material to remove.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
    "The Turtle"
    DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Would doing so affect smog?
      NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
      DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

I knew I had seen someone do it. I also live in Florida darkcloud so smog isn't an issue lol. So if adding a P12 ECU makes a noticeable difference in the bottom end which I already want, and doing this to the intake would increase top end but the low end suffer, would these two mods cancel each other out? I mean I know I would have more hp with the ecu but if it's not noticeable/useable then I won't go through the trouble.

Comment

did this on mine takes good amount of time to do it right. Mine was on a turbo car which helped it breath up top , for the most part it will hurt your application for NA car unless you have a fair amount of work done

GOT BOOST???

massive part out on accord almost everything is going

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=125294

Comment

this is more for a built engine. unless you've had some head work done, i'd just stick with the IAB doulbe stack.

Comment

Yeah my engine is stock except for CAI lol. I've been looking for a P12 for a while now but can't ever find one. I'm trying not to get one off of ebay because of the price difference but I may end up having to. Anyways, thanks for the responses/info about it. I guess i'll wait until my engine is making more hp before I do all of that work lol.

Comment

Working...
              X