Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

DC Sports header FAILURE!! WHY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always thought that DC headers were quality since they are charging something like 300 for them...this is unacceptable. Do not just buy a new set of headers. Shoot an e-mail to DC and show them the leak. I was real close to buying on of them since they are California Emission-friendly and I heard they did improve performance.
    p12 on sale:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...46#post2245646
    Bisimoto Heat-shielding Intake Manifold Gasket and Rear Engine Motor Mount for sale:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...95#post2246795

Comment

Well I sent them an email just to see what happens. I'll wait a few days and then give them a call if I get no email response.
      My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
        Well I sent them an email just to see what happens. I'll wait a few days and then give them a call if I get no email response.
        make sure to include pictures if you can...try to get shots of them w/o the header wrap lol.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I got a response from DCsports:

"We offer a one year warranty from date of purchase. How long have you have the header installed on you Honda Accord?
          Let me know.
          Thank You.
          Andy"

I didn't realize that they only offered a 1-year warranty, what a load of crap! I would have expected at least a 5 year warranty with their "reputation". Ah well, guess I'm stuck with it because I've had it for over a year and I don't know how long the member I purchased it from had it.
          My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Ebay headers ftw. I have a DC and an ebay generic and the quality is better on the ebay, lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
              Ebay headers ftw. I have a DC and an ebay generic and the quality is better on the ebay, lmao.
              I hate to say it, but the Megan Racing 4-2-1 SS header I installed on my mom's 93 Accord LX (dad wanted SS exhaust system due to OEM rusting out) was better quality than the Kamikaze 4-1 header I put on my red Accord project. I've had so many leaks from the Kamikaze, it now looks NOTHING like it did originally, totally modified. Meanwhile, the MR header has now been passed onto my sister's 91 Accord EX (since mom totalled the 93) and no leaks.

If I have to use a cheaper header on an F22ax motor, I will stick with OEM F22a4, Megan Racing or DC sports. Those OEM F22a4 definitely last, eventually rusting out, durable though.
              Last edited by HondaFan81; 10-09-2009, 12:21 PM.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

That is the funniest thing I have read all week. 5 year warranty LOL

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
                I got a response from DCsports:

"We offer a one year warranty from date of purchase. How long have you have the header installed on you Honda Accord?
                Let me know.
                Thank You.
                Andy"

I didn't realize that they only offered a 1-year warranty, what a load of crap! I would have expected at least a 5 year warranty with their "reputation". Ah well, guess I'm stuck with it because I've had it for over a year and I don't know how long the member I purchased it from had it.

Comment

Originally posted by ATS666 View Post
                  That is the funniest thing I have read all week. 5 year warranty LOL
                  I usually refuse to buy any part unless it has a lifetime warranty, sometimes when necessary I buy things with 2-yr warranties, but I don't like it. I prefer vendors who believe in the quality of what they make and I support them for it.
                  My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

this is probably why when i bought my dc header, there was a warning saying that using heat wrap will void the warranty

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

Working...
                    X