Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Clutch and Flywheel time....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
    maybe at first.

as with anything, you get used to it...and the benefits outweigh the 3 days it will take a retard to learn how to drive it(especially with a stock clutch).

only thing ive noticed..(which is obvious) is the lack of torque storage, but if you know how to drive it isnt an issue.
    yea but it will still wear your clutch out quicker, thats the point Im trying to make.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I am having the same debate. I don't think the Fidanza actually weighs 8 more like 11.5. I am leaning towards resurface the stock.
      I am going to go with the action 1ms clutch. When all is said And done I will have to look at the money situation and that will most likely be the deciding factor.
      Does anybody have any Dyno numbers with stock vs light?
      How much of a diff does it make? When I get stuck in traffic now with stock flywheel it sucks, not sure how much worse it will be with a lightweight flywheel.
      I think you can get them resurfaced for between 20-40. The cheapest fidanza is 150 shipped. Thats 100-130 for something else.
      I am purchasing stuff for my swap and let me tell you that the cheapest part of the swap is the motor. All the other stuff will cost me more than the motor.
      Steve

Oh I am swapping h22 so giving up 5-7 ponnies for a stock easy flywheel is something I am willing to trade. As i will tune and plan on picking that lost power up elsewhere.

Comment

FWIW.

I ended up going with the Exedy OEM flywheel&clutch. Got the parts today and the Exedy OEM flywheel weighs in at 17.6 lbs, not 21lbs like all specs I've read state. The flywheel, pressure disc, and friction disc altogether weigh 29.8 lbs.
        My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

I have had more then one XTD clutch and haven't had any problems with them but I will admit, there are far better brands out there. exedy and act are both really good clutch brands and fidanza makes a pretty good flywheel along with competion clutch.

click to see my ride
          click to check out my bb6 dash swap

Comment

Im also wondering if the F1 flywheel is any good because I wanna get that same combo from grip force.

Comment

I would vote to resurface the oem one or go with 12.

I run findenza 8lbs flywheel with a stock clutch and NO issues, however I do noticed haveing to blip the throttle to take off and also you have to shift between gears quicker because your r's fall more quickly. So depending on the condition of your tranny it may not be the best on it if your syncros are getting worn.

If your on a budjet like I was the findenza will treat ya right. Give ya a week and youl be comfortable...
              My System
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

Comment

Bisimotos dd has an extremely light flywheel like 6 lbs?

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
                  Bisimotos dd has an extremely light flywheel like 6 lbs?
                  Do you exspect bisimoto to drive anything normal? lol...
                  My System
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

Comment

i've only had one light flywheel in the past, and it was nice for sporty upshifting when the rpms drop SO fast. other than that, i'd say just get some weight shaved off of your stock one. it'll be way cheaper and you shouldn't have any problems with it. =)
                    96 mx-6, needs work...
                    91 accord lx sedan, needs work...

Comment

Fidanza flywheel & exedy OEM clutch is what I use. the flywheel felt ALOT different than OEM.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Cisco (HondaFan81) suggested to me Competition Clutch Flywheel for my DD. I thinks its either 11 or 12lbs, the price isnt bad either...$239 not including shipping

Comment

Working...
                        X