Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Clutches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutches

I am now shopping for my clutch and I've found an offering from eCLUTCHMASTER on E Bay . Here's the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT . I've looked around for feed back on the web and there is some negative stuff , but mostly eCLUTCHMASTER has had good reviews . It comes with a 2100 LBS HD pressure plate , 6 Puck Ceramic Sprung Racing Disc , Throwout bearing , Alignment tool and a 12LBS LITEWEIGHT RACING FLYWHEEL shipped for $308.00 . They have 6087 feed backs with 100% positive rating . It seems like an awful good deal , though they may be over rating the HP rating a little in the listing . Has anyone here used any of the eCLUTCHMASTER products themselves ? I do appreciate any information from people who have first have knowledge of there products . Thanks

you do know that eclutch masters isnt clutch masters or centerforce
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Thats a ebay brand, if you do one launch with hat clutch it will probably take a crap

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
        you do know that eclutch masters isnt clutch masters or centerforce
        Originally posted by drockab View Post
        Thats a ebay brand, if you do one launch with hat clutch it will probably take a crap
        Nope , I don't know anything about them except the reviews I've found on the net ( almost all good reviews ) and that they have 6K plus 100% positive feed back . Do you know anyone that has use their products ?

Comment

I bought an Exedy Stage 1 off Ebay for about 260 shipped new. Gonna install that in my car this weekend along w/ the 5spd swap. Most people give 2 thumbs up on it for being a really nice clutch.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
            I bought an Exedy Stage 1 off Ebay for about 260 shipped new.
            This one?
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXEDY...Q5fAccessories

I just bought it too.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Are F1 racing clutches decent? It was really cheap and its rated for 290hp(stage 1)

I don't expect it to last very long as it was only 93 dollars, but does anyone know if its ok to launch with? Also, how's the longevity and how well does it grab?
              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This is some of the reveiws I've found

Well i got an eclutchmasters clutch stage 2 of ebay when i had no money(being a poor college student and needing a new clutch bad). I havent had any problems with it and i can spin them goin into second with out trying. But sometimes i whish i would have just gone for a brand name. but i did email them before i bought it and they said its exactly the same as an ACT clutch and that the materials they use on the clutch pad is the same as clutchmasters uses.

Back in the day like 2003....lol I had a b18a powered "EF" (88-91 Civic-CRX) Hatch using a eCLUTCHMASTERS Stage 2 (I even ran the sticker).....and i swear it'd literally Knock my dashboard LOOSE (I'd have to tighten my pass. side dashboard bolts) from such hardass grabbin....that clutch was a MONSTER<----UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!!

Well i have had no problems with it. but what i was trying to say is that if this no name clutch works this good how good would a name brand one work?

i have put 5k miles on mine and it works like the day it was installed so if u ask me id say its worth getting. but i would like to compair it to one like ACT or CLUTCHMASTERS.

I have used the Eclutchmaster clutches in 2 differnt vehicles both time, everything went well and I have had zero problems. I got both of mine from ebay for a good price. I got one for an old honda I had and it was a stage 1 and one for my eclipse and it was a stage 2, the only difference I could tell between stage 1 and Stage 2 tho, was the stage 2 had a nice yellow paint! haha....But I give there clutches a

I installed eClutchmaster Stage II racing clutch kit on my Twinturbo Supra, it rocks. This clutch sure have more grip and holding power over stock one.
                I really liked it and recommended

I installed eClutchmaster clutch kit bought off eBay and they were really good. Had ACT clutch before but eClutchmaster clutch was actually better than ACT 6 puck solid disc that I had before.
                eClutchmaster offer me 6 puck sprung disc with heavy duty pressure plate and grips good and good for every day driving. Recommended!!

The eCluctchmaster's puck disk will take much more abuse then an ACT with a street disk. I went with this clutch because it is a sprung puck disk, ACT's 6 puck is a solid disk. I was hoping the springs would make it more streetable then the ACT 6 puck. I've personally witnessed two ACT 2600's with street disks turn into kitty hair well before their time. I've seen 3 McLeod's gernade the springs. My eClutchmaster's clutch has held up for almost a year of abuse now, at similar power levels.

I've had the Eclutchmasters Stage II clutch now for over 2k, and love it.

It is not as forgiving as a stock disk, you have to rev a little higher and when you feel it grab let it loose. I had a little chatter at first, but that has pretty much gone away, except when I shift poorly.

This is a 6 puck sprung disk with a 2230 lb PP, not the stock PP. I can attest to the fact that it puts power directly to the ground. I am quite happy with it. I got it from Ebay and all questions I asked them were quickly answered.

For those wanting to make big HP, or just have a clutch they'll never have to replace, this could be your answer.

I have about 20,000 miles on mine, still grabs like new.

I found these ratings in threads from 1 page of google of a search . I was just hoping that someone here had first hand experiance with them . There is about 10 to 1 good to bad on the eclutchmaster clutches .

Comment

20k miles on a clutch is nothing.

my oem setup lasted me 30k and i went through two sets of tires from dumping the clutch and full WOT mountain passes.

the oem was still good just the pressure plate lost its clamping force.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

dont do a cheap clutch, youll thank me later.

i didnt listen and what do ya know? i was doing another clutch in less than a year and a half.

save the time, buy goods.

i recommend action clutches for sure.

plate with 6 puck spurng racing disc setup can hold up to
                    4105HP / Rated 375lb-ft of torque.

and if their clutch design is as good as they spell...youre in trouble before you hit buy it now.

4105 hp is a lot of horses
                    Last edited by slammed4thgen; 08-03-2009, 03:13 AM.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by drockab View Post
                      Ebay don't make clutches, so how can you call it an "ebay brand"

OP Spend the money on a good quality clutch.
                      Alot of members here use exedy, as do I and I've never had an issue with it.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                        Ebay don't make clutches, so how can you call it an "ebay brand"

OP Spend the money on a good quality clutch.
                        Alot of members here use exedy, as do I and I've never had an issue with it.
                        eClutchMaster are SFI certified to 1.1 and 1.2 ratings which are used by most sanctioning bodies of motor sport racing and as far as cost I can get the Exedy cheaper with a Fidanza flywheel , http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXEDY...Q5fAccessories . I just thouth it looked like a good deal and when I checked the net for what other people had to say it was 95% good . I saw some who said they preferred them to ACT and Exedy . I've only bought 1 racing clutch and it was an ACT that didn't last 4K miles . And when it came apart I had to replace the transmission in my 325 where it messed up the transmission case . After that I started having my OEM clutches rebuilt by an old man who owned a clutch and brake rebuilding shop . His hobby was "pulling tractors" and when he made you a clutch it didn't come apart , but he passed away about 2 years ago and the new people that has the shop don't know what he knew . I dot a reply from one of the buyers I emailed yesterday and he auto-X an R32 and said he would never own anything but an eClutchMaster again . I think I'm going to try one and hope it doesn't come apart like the ACT did . I was just hoping someone here had tried them . I should have my car together by the end of Sept. , I'll keep you posted on how it goes , lol .

Comment

Originally posted by dksix View Post
                          eClutchMaster are SFI certified to 1.1 and 1.2 ratings which are used by most sanctioning bodies of motor sport racing and as far as cost I can get the Exedy cheaper with a Fidanza flywheel , http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXEDY...Q5fAccessories . I just thouth it looked like a good deal and when I checked the net for what other people had to say it was 95% good . I saw some who said they preferred them to ACT and Exedy . I've only bought 1 racing clutch and it was an ACT that didn't last 4K miles . And when it came apart I had to replace the transmission in my 325 where it messed up the transmission case . After that I started having my OEM clutches rebuilt by an old man who owned a clutch and brake rebuilding shop . His hobby was "pulling tractors" and when he made you a clutch it didn't come apart , but he passed away about 2 years ago and the new people that has the shop don't know what he knew . I dot a reply from one of the buyers I emailed yesterday and he auto-X an R32 and said he would never own anything but an eClutchMaster again . I think I'm going to try one and hope it doesn't come apart like the ACT did . I was just hoping someone here had tried them . I should have my car together by the end of Sept. , I'll keep you posted on how it goes , lol .
                          ok dont listen

i hope i dont see a thread in a few months saying "you guys told me, but i didnt listen"

eCLUTCHMASTER hahaha when you rip a name off that bad it cant be a good product.

have fun

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                            no i think that's the regular Exedy OEM base clutch. Mine was a step up from that one. part number 08805 I think.

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
                              ok dont listen

i hope i dont see a thread in a few months saying "you guys told me, but i didnt listen"

eCLUTCHMASTER hahaha when you rip a name off that bad it cant be a good product.

have fun
                              I meant no offence nor did I mean to discredit your input and I'm with you on the hoping that I don't post a thread "you guys told me, but i didn't listen"
                              But if I'm wrong about it I'll take the "I told you so's on the chin" . But wouldn't you think that with an E Bay feed back rating of 6K plus and 100% positive for clutches and that almost everything I can find on the net being positive would account for something ? And , if you read the OP you would see that it said "I do appreciate any information from people who have first have knowledge of there products" . I take it that you don't fall with in that category , correct ?

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                              no i think that's the regular Exedy OEM base clutch. Mine was a step up from that one. part number 08805 I think.
                              One like this : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXEDY...=p4506.c0.m245

There is a big price difference on that cluch . I saw them from 274 shipped to 380 shipped .
                              I was looking at this one too , but it's a little more costly and doesn't come with a flywheel :
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cente...=p4506.c0.m245
                              But I don't know anything about the dual friction clutches . Can you use light weight flywheels with clutches like the CenterForce ?

Comment

Working...
                              X