Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Transaxle with H&F gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transaxle with H&F gears

Just wondering how interchaneable the gears are in the H&F trannys. If they all matched up you could create custom gear ratios for friggen cheap!

Oh man get an ultra low 5th with some big 1-3 gears.

^^click it or ticket^^

A buddy of mine confirmed that the individual gears are not interchangeable. There's a possibility that the final drives might be though.

I had a fucked H23 trans a long time ago and I just threw it away.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

From the sticky in this thread, only final drive ratios i can play with are either 4.062 (F22A1/A4/A6/B/B1/B2) or 4.266, which is in the h23's and h22's and some f's.

And I know the 4.266 is swappable.

That puts a dick in my butt about the difference in gear sizing.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Yeah, doing the H final drive in an F isn't really worth it. It'd still be worse than an H23 trans unless you got some 22" tall tires(od).

Comment

f final in the h?
          ____

Comment

You are aware that would change the speed vs rpm in every gear right?

RPMs would drop by around 200-300 or so.

Comment

f final in the h would not be worth while.

higher the gear ratio = torque multiplication, speed reduction.
              lower the gear ration = speed multiplication, torquer reduction.

that's why gears 1-3 are the highest, the 5th is the lowest ratio (over drive)
              Last edited by CB7lx91; 07-26-2009, 02:14 PM.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                A buddy of mine confirmed that the individual gears are not interchangeable. There's a possibility that the final drives might be though.

I had a fucked H23 trans a long time ago and I just threw it away.
                im pretty sure the final drives do interchange. i have a h23 final that im going to put into my f22 trans
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                  im pretty sure the final drives do interchange. i have a h23 final that im going to put into my f22 trans
                  beautiful. let us know if it makes enough of a difference.

I'll do the math tonight after work on what the new ratios would be.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Alright I got the specs.

I'll post axle ratio's of an f22a6, h23a1, and then an f22a6 w/an h23a1 final.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with manual trans axles, the axle ratio is the gear ratio multiplied by the final drive ratio.

F22a6 final drive is 4.026:1
                    H23a1 final drive is 4.266:1

F22a6
                    1st: 13.313:1
                    2nd: 7.283:1
                    3rd: 4.770:1
                    4th: 3.502:1
                    5th: 2.757:1

H23a1
                    1st: 14.107:1
                    2nd: 7.921:1
                    3rd: 5.631:1
                    4th: 4.411:1
                    5th: 3.463:1

F22a6 w/ H23a1 final drive
                    1st: 14.107:1
                    2nd: 7.717:1
                    3rd: 5.055:1
                    4th: 3.711:1
                    5th: 2.922:1

So there you have it. I don't have enough experience with driving both thee transmissions, so I guess the only true way to find out if it' worth it is for someone to slap her in.
                    Last edited by CB7lx91; 07-26-2009, 11:10 PM.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

the h22 or h23 final drives do indeed fit into the f22 box. some gears are interchangable but only those that do not have the gears such as second gear that are cut into the input shaft. I am currently putting an h22 final drive into my car and i have a friend that is running accord 3,4,5th in his h22 box.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                      member ride thread
                      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

well I know folks say that the h trannies aren't too great for highway travel?

so I figured if you put the f's final drive in you would have the h's gears for take off and the f's final for cruising. yay or nay on that thought?
                        ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                          well I know folks say that the h trannies aren't too great for highway travel?

so I figured if you put the f's final drive in you would have the h's gears for take off and the f's final for cruising. yay or nay on that thought?
                          Final drives affect every single gear.

Also, care to expand more on what you said turbo90accord about "those that do not have the gears"? I'm not sure I understand.

I have access to an H final drive and probably a wide selection of H gears and I have a spare F trans I could experiment on.

Comment

DOH!!!

I was meaning swapping 5th gear in from f to the H...not final drive...nvm
                            ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                              DOH!!!

I was meaning swapping 5th gear in from f to the H...not final drive...nvm
                              yea, thats what one of the members here have.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X