Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

wires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wires?

Does anyone here know where the negative wire for the alternator is? i really need to know asap...pls help me out..thanks in advance..

its a case grounded unit.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
    member ride thread
    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
      its a case grounded unit.
      where is that located at? is it normal for the batt light not to go on once i disconnected the harness and that other wire that connects to the bolt?

Comment

the body is the ground which bolts to the block which is connected to the negative battery post....
        spin city

Comment

what is the symptom you are trying to diagnose?

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
          member ride thread
          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
            what is the symptom you are trying to diagnose?
            well,i know my alt is shot, once i take out the negative post, the car just shuts off..but the batt light doesn't go on, even if i disconnect the wire harness and that other wire for the bolt, so i wouldn't know if it's normal..and im trying to connect this guage for the alt. it didnt' come with instructions, all it shows in the back is,(+)batt and (-)alt.

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_Certified View Post
              well,i know my alt is shot, once i take out the negative post, the car just shuts off..but the batt light doesn't go on, even if i disconnect the wire harness and that other wire for the bolt, so i wouldn't know if it's normal..and im trying to connect this guage for the alt. it didnt' come with instructions, all it shows in the back is,(+)batt and (-)alt.
              If I remember right, you'll take the batt side and put it ont he positive battery terminal and the alt side and connect it to the chargewire on the alternator.
              "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
              sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
              Did work for: jhoff_cb7
              Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

Originally posted by JDMCB3Si View Post
                If I remember right, you'll take the batt side and put it ont he positive battery terminal and the alt side and connect it to the chargewire on the alternator.
                when u say charge wire that's the harness right? where it has 3 wires. if so, do u know what color is it? cause there's no blk wire, but i'll be messing with it later today after work..

Comment

Bump It Up!

Comment

Working...
                  X