Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Intake setup...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake setup...

I wanted to know what the best intake setup would be for me as of right now. Here are the mods as of now.

-JDM H22a
    Prelude Type S Tranny(F22)
    XTD 6 Puck clutch
    XTD 9lb Flywheel
    FICV Delete
    No PS or AC
    DC Header(Modified 2 1/2 collector, graduates to 3"
    3" Exhaust
    3.5" Intake
    Tuned P28(Crome)

Because of the tranny I know it wont have the fastest 1/4 mile but should do nicely on the highway for now. So if the car is goign to be more of a highway car. I wanted to know what setup would be best for my intake mani. Im guesiing what would net best power in the high rpm range.

I have a stock h22 mani right now, and im sure it will do. I dont have the cash for a type R right now, but in he future I plan on going with a blacktrax.

I was thinking of removing my butterflys and putting the upper plenum directly on top of the bottom? Possibly grinding down some of the insides? Or should I get the blacktrax intake mani spacer in stead of the butterflys. Im not going to keep the butterflys either way.

I was thinking something like this

OR THIS

the 1st one. With the plenum completely gutted out. Set the plenum ON the runners without spacers. Doing this to the intake manifold gives a FATT torque curve.

A 68mm tb next in line for you. That 3.5" is probably starving you of some low end. I'd go to 3" and make it a cold air(or make the pipe longer somehow).

Get it tuned, and I wouldn't doubt 180+ to the wheels. Especially since you have that 3" exhaust.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

off topic, but you should really look into a OBX lsd for drag racing.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I plan on LSD for the grags, but not until I get an H22 tranny.

Comment

Personally, I'm a Euro R fan. I might mess with my OEM one for the heck of it.

Comment

Has anyone ever tried the second one? What kind of gains with that one? Has anyone made the home made locker by welding the spider gears? Just curious if it is a race only it might be worth a shot.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
            "The Turtle"
            DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
              Has anyone ever tried the second one? What kind of gains with that one? Has anyone made the home made locker by welding the spider gears? Just curious if it is a race only it might be worth a shot.
              Spider gears? Please explain...

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                thats only good for off road or dirt track racing. the wheels have to turn at different speeds for asphalt otherwise it will break something. just get an OBX lsd, open it up inspect everything and press new differential bearings in, check back lash and preload and you'll be good.

it's quite intimidating at first but with anything, practice makes somewhat perfect.
                I <3 G60.

Comment

how does deleting the butterflies yeild more power?

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                  And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                  Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Originally posted by J3wman View Post
                    how does deleting the butterflies yeild more power?
                    More airflow, remember an engine is just an air pump.

"The Turtle"
                    DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Well I dont think im going to be able to do any real extreme mani work now, I have to finish my project asap.

Should I just take out the butterflys? Or take out the entire plate and set the upper runners on the bottom, and maybe cutting the holes for the butterflys?

Comment

How much of a time frame are you looking at. Aluminum is pretty easy to port, or at least compare to cast iron. Just be careful it's easy to screw up as well.

"The Turtle"
                        DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

The intake manifold is a HUGE bitch to port. Not sure what sort of aluminum you've ported, but this one is a PITA.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Well it's still easier than cast iron. Power tools help a lot though. Still very time consuming.

"The Turtle"
                            DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                              The intake manifold is a HUGE bitch to port. Not sure what sort of aluminum you've ported, but this one is a PITA.
                              you got dull bits.
                              I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                              X