Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22a Flat Face Valves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22a Flat Face Valves?

Are there any Flat Face Valves available to the F22ax. I kno KMS makes some but there dished. Any other company makes them...? thanks in advance.
    either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Try Ferrea, Supertech, and see what Bisi has.

Comment

Originally posted by boostdeliquent View Post
      Try Ferrea, Supertech, and see what Bisi has.
      none lol already checked those. Supertech has some but its dished. Bisi I don't think he has valves for sale. Ferrea is the same as supertech as for options...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Newb question, what does it matter if they are dished or flat faced. Or what would the difference. Basicallt the pro vs. cons.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
        "The Turtle"
        DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
          Newb question, what does it matter if they are dished or flat faced. Or what would the difference. Basicallt the pro vs. cons.
          raise compression without actually closing the piston to vlave clearance.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
            raise compression without actually closing the piston to vlave clearance.
            yeah with flat face valves we would gain about .5 compression

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Originally posted by trah View Post
              yeah with flat face valves we would gain about .5 compression
              and mill the head .030 and gain another .5, you'll be up to 10:1 compression without even touching the pistons.
              I <3 G60.

Comment

Wow didn't know it would raise it that much, I figured it wouldn't even be half that. Then couldn't also mill the block 30 thou to get another .5?

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                "The Turtle"
                DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                  Wow didn't know it would raise it that much, I figured it wouldn't even be half that. Then couldn't also mill the block 30 thou to get another .5?
                  No at that point you might be having piston to head clearance issues.

As far as flat faced valves for the f22, There are no options besides custom.

The valves from the f22b2 wont fit, the exhaust is the same as the f22a but the intake set are smaller.

Comment

hmmm are all the valves from h22/h23/f22b/f22a same length? if so I'll get a set of h22 flat face valves and get some head work done.

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

hmmm are all the valves from h22/h23/f22b/f22a same length? if so I'll get a set of h22 flat face valves and get some head work done.
                      They are completely different. The stem diameter of the h22 and h23 are different, The stem is larger. The length is also short compared to the f22a.

The f22a has its own specs with valves. So are all the engines you listed. See what KMS can come up with as far as custom goes.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747 View Post
                        They are completely different. The stem diameter of the h22 and h23 are different, The stem is larger. The length is also short compared to the f22a.

The f22a has its own specs with valves. So are all the engines you listed. See what KMS can come up with as far as custom goes.
                        thanks bro. I'll get with kms since its more reasonable there. THe f22 valves that they have it that for the f20c/f22c or our motors?

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

has to be f22a.
                          I <3 G60.

Comment

thanks bro. I'll get with kms since its more reasonable there. THe f22 valves that they have it that for the f20c/f22c or our motors?
                            They have both, But they were the only people that had stainless f22a valves that I know of atleast.

Some people are tempted to get the valve train kit from them but DON'T get that kit. Just the valves and get other springs.

Comment

the guides have fitment issues. bruno kknows all about that.
                              I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                              X