Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h22a help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a help

how can i tell if it is a type s or just a h22a thanks

The Race Car

Type-S = red top
    H22a = black top (unless painted)

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

so there is no outher way to tell

The Race Car

Comment

take out the cams and measure.... if its either a h22a or type s. Or if the cams are blueish then its type s. but then again you really can't tell from visual perspective outside. It could be a obd2 motor converted to obd1. To many variables... someone chime in please....
        either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

plz help

The Race Car

Comment

Originally posted by beerman987 View Post
            plz help
            take a picture and post it. Take pics from all angles of the motor and then we can help you more. From seeing nothing I can't really help or anyone really.

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

JDM motoes dont have letters after the numbers. I know blue tops are euro and red tops are jdm which doesnt matter because it could have been changed over! now the typs does have a bigger tb and intake mani than the regular h22 which is where im guessing the extra hp comes from. ooo and they come with lsd trannys if your buying the whole swap

Comment

Originally posted by drockab View Post
                JDM motoes dont have letters after the numbers. I know blue tops are euro and red tops are jdm which doesnt matter because it could have been changed over! now the typs does have a bigger tb and intake mani than the regular h22 which is where im guessing the extra hp comes from. ooo and they come with lsd trannys if your buying the whole swap
                blue tops are only applicable to F20B DOHC VTEC and H23a DOHC VTEC.

H22a are only black and red.

H22aR/S can be differentiated externally from the red VC, different head stamp code (PDE), and in Euro R form, has a single runner IM.

The Type S H22a still has the IAB runners. Oh, and both are OBD-II, so they have the single socket plug at the distributor.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                Honda Accord Euro-R
                Honda Odyssey Absolute
                Honda City I-DSi
                Honda Stream

Comment

I have a type s motor and you can't tell the difference from just visual. You'll have to measure the cams and pistons.

People can easily change a regular h22a cover to a red one. All the 97 and up are obdII motors. Mine was converted to obdI
                  Last edited by jimy; 03-25-2009, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Both the Euro R and Type S should both have PDE stamped on the head. The regular H22A's should be stamped P13. I believe it's stamped right on the front of the head.

Comment

and my outh baby lowered

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/pts/1059117628.html

The Race Car

Comment

looks like an accord h22a to me.

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

im saying h22a, its automatic.

edit: i think the 3 in the beginning of the code means "accord" too.
                          Last edited by jacobuchanan140; 03-26-2009, 12:05 AM.
                          OHIO CB7'S #11
                          SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

another way to see if its an accord h22a is that the map sensor is on the TB. the 92-96 prelude h22a had the map sensor on the firewall.

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

from the CL ad.

It's MAP sensor is on the TB. Its an Accord H22.
                              OHIO CB7'S #11
                              SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

Working...
                              X