Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

OBX parts... The Rota of tuning parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBX parts... The Rota of tuning parts?

Seems like OBX is really stepping up to the plate. Any company can make crappy headers and spark plug wires to sell cheap, but now they're making helical LSD units and camshafts. I don't believe it would be possible for them to make products that could potentially harm people! Perhaps they're becoming better quality. After all, they have been around for a while selling their crap!

I don't see an LSD unit for the Accord or Prelude yet, but the ones for Civics and Integras are selling for abot $350 on ebay.

The cams, which are supposedly copies of Skunk2 cams are also going for that price (stage 1 and 2, I hear they make 3 but I haven't seen em). I'm looking at H22 cams.

This was thoroughly discussed on H-T recently, but I'd rather bring it here! I don't like H-T!

So what do you guys think? OBX has always been the premier seller of crappy products, but could they possibly be making some things worth buying?

Update to my own post

http://www.obxracingsports.com

They say NOTHING about cams OR LSD on the site... I'm wondering what's going on on eBay...

Comment

I wouldn't trust them until their parts have been provenm to work & are reliable.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Agreed...
        Still, $350 for a helical LSD is tempting! I'll probably just grab a Phantom Grip when I change my clutch out... I'll save for a Quaife later on.

Comment

Yea, I like the Quaife, torsen style, LSD concept, but it's definitely not cheap ($800-900).

So the Phantom Grip and OBX style LSD are the same type I take it? Are they very similar in design? I've heard these are good for drag racing, but for road racing/autoXing I'd go with a Quaife.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Given the fact that EVERYTHING they have made in the past is crap, I wouldn't venture into any of their knock-off products.
            Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
            The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
              Yea, I like the Quaife, torsen style, LSD concept, but it's definitely not cheap ($800-900).

So the Phantom Grip and OBX style LSD are the same type I take it? Are they very similar in design? I've heard these are good for drag racing, but for road racing/autoXing I'd go with a Quaife.
              The OBX LSD that's on Ebay looks like a Quaife. NOTHING like a Phantom Grip.

Still, the lack of cams or LSD on the OBX site concerns me...

Comment

I'm a fan. It appears they're in a second phase of their company, where they've stepped up from the generic Ebay level...I'd get their newer products and headers...but nothing suspension related.

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Have you seen anyhting on their performance stuff elsewhere? (other than ebay or boards?)

Comment

Actually i believe it was on H-T, where somebody had one and it works very good, he put it through his little stress test doing burnouts and launching like a mad man and it was fine. However his tranny couldnt take the pressure and it went, but the obx lsd was fine.

I read this a couple months back and i never looked back into it, im not sure how its been.

Comment

I have an obx catback exhaust on my car. The reason I got it was because I only had 200 bucks, and my exaust pipe rusted so bad that no exaust was going through the muffler. It kinda sounded like a boat without the muffler hooked up. so i needed something cheap and quick.

I still have it. It sounds great. It is 100% mandrel bent stainless steel, and came with all the bolts, gaskets, and rubber hanging things that i needed. 220 shipped. Cant beat that.

Again, it sounds nice, and I did have a bit of noticable power increase... Other companies are probably better, but for the price i needed, i think it's better then what i paid for. I think that if i were looking into cam's id go with something a bit more reputable though. An exaust is just a hallow metal pole bent into shape. It's kinda hard to screw that up if it's made out of good material. The muffler was made pretty well..
                      --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Hello all,

I am a authorized dealer for OBX products. There is tons of stuff they offer that is not currently on there website. They offer turbo kits, singel turbos, BOVs, Turbo Mainifolds, LSD's, ETC. I know they offer this stuff cause its in my dealer catalog. They dont update there site very much. I would say stay away from there Coil over sleves, only 0-3 inch drop. I have never had any bad luck with any of there products.

Just my 2 cents

Later

Josh

Comment

Cool, thanks Josh!

Of course, I would assume that someone who sells a product would have faith in it, but it's good to have some confirmation at least!

Have you heard anything about the LSD? And do you know if they make one that would work with the F22 and H22 transmissions? AND, most importantly can you get any deals for your C7 bretheren?

I'd consider some cams and the LSD... Honestly, if the cams are made from blanks, and the LSD is made of quality material, I don't see how they can be all that bad! I mean, I don't expect anything of crazy quality, but they have to be good enough to work... and warrant a sale.

Comment

The OBX header is made really well, its almost an exact replica of DC sports 4-2-1 header. All the people that I asked who had this header say its very good for the price... That's why im getting me one too soon =)
                            You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

Comment

Originally posted by Alex EX
                              The OBX header is made really well, its almost an exact replica of DC sports 4-2-1 header. All the people that I asked who had this header say its very good for the price... That's why im getting me one too soon =)
                              i agree with ya there.. it's how much cheaper then the dc sports header? it gives the same performance results?

so it might be subject to some cracking after a couple years of use, just go buy a new one, and you're still a hell of a lot cheaper then if you had bought the dc header..
                              --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Working...
                              X