Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

greddy evo2 or HKS???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

greddy evo2 or HKS???

Hey guys what's happening?

The time has come for me to buy an exhaust for my car. I've narrowed it down to two choices. The greddy evo2 cat back exhaust and the HKS carbon titanium muffler. Does anyone on here have these exhausts on their cars??? I wouldn't mind getting the greddy cat back for my car and hks doesn't offer a cat back for the accord and it's a universal muffler. On the flip side though, I really like the looks of the hks muffler and it's pretty high quality stuff, just like the greddy exhaust. Just lookin for some input and opinions as this is going to be the first performance part I buy for my car. Any advice would be appreciated guys.

Roger
    respect. You can't buy it.
    You earn it. One run at a time.
    You can't talk about it 'cause
    when the light goes green, no one can here you talk.

www.maritimesportcompact.ca

I have a Greddy SP muffler with custom 2.25" piping and it sounds good. I have always like the Greddy sound. My buddy has a 97 prelude with the EVO cat back and it sounds good too. I can't remember if I have ever heard an HKS on an accord. But I really really can't stand the whinny sound that a lot of import people have. I think Greddy sounds great.

Comment

im assuming you have a h22, by your name, so i suggest getting a universal muffler. greddy/apexi/hks, they all sound nice... although a bit loud for my taste. and having 2.5" piping custom bent for it. you'll want the extra flow. and itll be cheaper than buying a real catback.

Comment

greddy or hks exhaust

i have the greddy evo2 on my car. sounds good. not to loud like some exhaust. depends on what you want. like how loud you want it. greddy = not loud and hks=loud.

Comment

Originally posted by optimusprime
          I have a Greddy SP muffler with custom 2.25" piping and it sounds good. I have always like the Greddy sound. My buddy has a 97 prelude with the EVO cat back and it sounds good too. I can't remember if I have ever heard an HKS on an accord. But I really really can't stand the whinny sound that a lot of import people have. I think Greddy sounds great.
          Does your buddy have an evo 1 or 2?? Is it loud at all??
          FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

My buddy has the EVO 1 and it is not loud at all in my opinion. Very deep even in Vtech.

Comment

does he have an intake and header. cuz I have that plus 2.5 inch piping back to a stock muffler an it's loud in VTEC
              FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

Yea he has intake, headers, ignition, pullys and he is going to be putting on a TB as soon as we can get it ported. I like it a lot sounds good to me.

Comment

Working...
                X