Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

P&P Intake Manifold h22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P&P Intake Manifold h22

Hello everyone, I am almost finished with the DIY P&P job on my spare h22 intake manifold.

I just thought I would share some pictures.

By the way I am planning on putting together a DIY on this, but will not get around to it until next weekend.

I am also contemplating doing a dyno for before and after.

Motor h22a
    jdm header and downpipe
    stock f22a1 cat
    2.25" cat back
    magnaflow muffler
    POS SRI and dirty filter

The dyno would show the difference between

Stock h22a IM with stock TB and a possible egr port issue
    non functioning butterfly valves (still installed but always open)

Vs

DIY P&P h22a im stock TB, drilled cleaned and tapped egr service ports.
    Gutted and jb-welded butterly spacer stacked on top of a blacktrax h22 im spacer.

I don't know if it would be a good comparison or not considering all the differences. Let me know what you guys think. I may be able to get it done for $50-$90 depending on how long it takes me to swap the IM's out.

Anyway here are some pics.

Before.

Port matching plenum / spacer

Marked regions to port (this if for port matching nothing else)

Ported to match

Polished!

Last edited by Ghetto_CB7; 02-15-2009, 11:41 PM.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

I don't see any pics?

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
    Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
    My member's ride

Comment

Yeah LOL

It took me a minuet to sort them LOL, but they are up now.

Comment

its actually not a very good idea to polish the final 4 inches of runner because it interferes with the tumbling effect of the airflow and will cause issues with the atomization of fuel.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Thats why I didn't

That is why I didn't polish the last 4-5"

I did my research...

Edit for picture of last few inches of runner. ** Thanks to turbo90accord for placing this info in the thread**

Last edited by Ghetto_CB7; 02-16-2009, 12:43 AM.

Comment

why not just go the poor man euro-r way like d112 did???
            are u keeping iabs??

FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
            My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

only thing i'd do different is ditch the iab plate and spacer and put an professional products 68mm throttle body for a integra type r on it and port match the upper plentum for it. with the h22 its power is all up top. the cams are made to pull roughly from 4k-7k and adding all that plentum volume is more low to mid range oriented. its kind of like people putting 4-1 headers on stock f22's. 4-1 headers are designed for higher rpm performance mainly hp, 4-2-1 are designed for low to mid range performance, a stock f22 cam generally pulls from 2k-5k on average. with intake manifolds shorter runners and smaller plentums are more high rpm oriented and larger plentums and longer runners are more low to mid range torque oriented. keep in mind that the the euro-r intake manifold is so sought after. it has more straight and slightly shorter runners and the plentum is smaller. people are after it because it has proven time and time again to see the best gains for an h22.
              and leave the dual runners it creates velocity, think of it like this for a basically stock h22, even with decent cams, with the dual runners its like sucking up some soda with a mc donalds straw and boaring it all out like above is like trying to suck through a paper towel cardboard roll.
              Last edited by jdm92_accorn; 02-16-2009, 12:52 AM.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Dairly driver

This is my daily driver and I am currently looking for midrange power not top end. That is why I did not do the poor mans type R.

I appreciate the addition of comments like these, but not everyone is building a drag car.

That being said, I may be documenting the gains from this and then comparing to a poor mans type R in the future. Since I will then have my other IM to work on.

Comment

so you're looking for power outside of vtec.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Well

Yes, I am looking for power outside of v-tec. I do not spend that much time above 5200 rpm. This does not however mean that I am looking to decrease power in v-tec. Many people with the h22 have made great high end hp and still kept good low end torque, this is what I am looking for.

I understand that you think I am doing something wrong, but that doesn't bother me.

If you don't think its a good idea, then don't do it. I believe that I have shown that I have done my own research and if I am not satisfied with the results then I will go a different rout. It will not cost me any money to convert this IM to the poor mans euro r and to take out the spacers.

Perhaps I will get the dyno comparison because people seem to think that this is a bad idea on an h22.

If I get bad results on a dyno, then we will all know weather it is or not.

Comment

that's far from polished...id still go in and fluff it a bit and if you have access to a glass bead blaster, bead blast those 4 inches or whatever fancies your boat.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Will do

I will work on it more then. The lines you can see are not feel able with your fingers,but I will work on it more. I had never seen the glass bead blaster things, but I am now looking for access to one. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

heres what i did to mine..

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                          member ride thread
                          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Sweet

That would work very well, especially for a turbo build.

Did you do anything to the runners?

If so do you have a picture? I would like to see how bad mine is so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
                              That would work very well, especially for a turbo build.
                              How so? Those 8 holes would be a restriction. Cutting the runners/spacer/plenum to 4 runners the entire way would work much better for a FI setup.

Also...I'd do the entire thing. You're BARELY doing any work(so far anyways). Don't be afraid to take material off.

What you have is FAR from being polished.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                              X