Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

f22 power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was an F22 to be built here. The head and block were sent to bensons. The head was worked and engineered to accomplish 12000rpms and they expected output was to be around +600 hp. The block was overbored and darton sleeved. Some crazy shit, but he decided it was worth too much to keep. It was pretty though, very pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
      n/a power?...that remains to truly be seen on a fuel injection f22...why don't u build one, find out, and then come back and tell us all about it?
      ''

that's what I said...
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

lol i just wanted to see before i start rebuilding a enigine.
        i am on the market for another cb7. so i would have two cars. one to go around and one to rebuild.
        but things have changed now.
        i am thinking of rebuilding the engne just for forced introduced. then ad a turbo at 10-15psi. in that range.
        on the top of my head i think that an estimate would be around $1500 to rebuild the engine and another
        $1300 for the turbo set up. so around $3000 just for this set up.
        $3000 and 6 months work lol
        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

That's a pretty low estimate for building the engine. What all are you planning to do when building it? I'm still undecided about my engine build. Since I'm a poor college student I think I might just upgrade to some really beefy rods and pistons. Then upgrade a couple valve components too. I'm pretty sure the stock sleeves can handle 10 psi and a 75 shot because they are pretty strong. I still have a lot researching to do before next summer though.

Comment

For an all-motor rebuild...i predicted like $3000-3500...I want to get like 120K out of the engine maybe even 150K. I'm replacing the main engine components as well, as should you especially cuz of turbo.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Well what all are you doing? Are you sleeving the block? I'm going to get all new gaskets of course. Other than that just new valves, springs, and retainers for the top end. Then new rods, pistons, and rings for the bottom end. I was thinking I could get all of that done for around $2000 just by judging the prices I've seen and labor costs.

Comment

well it depens if u do it ur self. in my opinion u should not upgrade verything if u adding a turbo at 15psi. if u going more than that then u got to do some block work and head work.
                vavle springs retaines etc. its a good idea to change them. they will only help. and if ur engine has high milage then its better to change them.
                ne rod (tie rods) are a good start. if the piston taht u got are in good condition just use them. some good piston rings are good. i don't remember what are good if u are boosting..... then i plan to run everything just engine for about 10k. just to be in the safe side.
                while i am running rebuild engine i start on building the turbo. then about 2 hours dyno. just tobe in the safe side. $300 for that.
                and i amgood to go.
                this is my future dream for the cb7. hahahahhahahaha. but imagine the face of the kidd next to me with is suped up teg.
                in the end i will be who is ur daddy.
                are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Working...
                X