Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

f22a1 valve-train question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22a1 valve-train question

Hey guys i got a quick question, how high can the stock valve-train on the f22a1 go up to? rpm wise? today i shifted down accedently and it went to 8k for a split second, then i pushed in the clutch as fast as i could... seems to be running okay now but i'm just wondering if theres anything i should really be concerned about..

racing i only take it to 5500rpms IF that.. so should i be okay if it only happened 1 time??

Mason
    HAN - ZiviCase10287
    Honda-tech - zivicase
    HMT - draztik
    d-series - draztik
    Team Integra - RacinMasonC

i think 6.5 should be your redline, anything past that you're looking at possible damage. valves and whatnot.. as long as it's still running ok, i wouldn't be too woried about it, just don't do it again.
    --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Did you remove the Rev limiter? Even if you did, it still shouldnt spin that fast and you not notice anything...you might wanna do a compression check.

Jay
      Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

don't do it again?!

sorry but its not like i tried it or some shit.. no shit its not good.. and no i did not remove my revlimiter... it kicked in as i dropped it cuz i didn't gain any rpms it just kept going down and down cuz of the rev limiter.. you try going 80mph and dropping it in 2nd.. you'll see what i mean...
        HAN - ZiviCase10287
        Honda-tech - zivicase
        HMT - draztik
        d-series - draztik

Comment

Dang man...why were you downshifting at 80mph anyways?

But still, you should do a compression check to see if theres any damage. But hopefully its okay, since you said its running fine now.

Jay
          Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

i didn't try to downshift... i was trying to catch up to my friend on the highway and i tried for 4th gear and not knowing i was going into 2nd gear cuz it was grinding at me.. but since every single gear grinds i thought i was still going into 4th gear... oh and i remembered it was more like 7500rpms.. so 1000 over redline.. that shouldn't hurt much, i would figure the stock valve-train can go that high safely stock i would hope so..
            HAN - ZiviCase10287
            Honda-tech - zivicase
            HMT - draztik
            d-series - draztik

Comment

haha, i just said dont do it again for the hell of it.. i know you wouldnt do that shit on purpose. 7500 shouldnt hurt you too much, especially if you say it's still running fine. No loss of power or knocks emerged right? but you still might want to do that compression check, just to make sure.
              --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

haha yeah there was no knocking or anything... engine still has the same power it did before... i will do a compression check shortly..

also my buddy has a 4g accord and he said in 3rd gear it'll go up to 7500 rpms without the rev-limiter kicking in.. that true? and he's done it before racing people.. so if thats true i should be okay.

Mason
                HAN - ZiviCase10287
                Honda-tech - zivicase
                HMT - draztik
                d-series - draztik

Comment

You're lucky you didn't do any damage man. I saw some pics of this RSX where the guy did the exact same thing ... except he put a whole all the way through his block about the size of a baseball.

Comment

A rev limiter can not prevent your engine RPMs from going up from a 80 mph (I assume 5th gear) to a 2nd gear shift. It's all mechanical at that point and you can't physically stop your engine from not doing that. A rev limiter will prevent you from going up gradually past whatever it's mark is by cutting off fuel or whatnot.

And at 80 mph you can downshift to 4th no problem. If I'm around 60 mph in 4th or 5th gear and need a lil more kick then, I'll go to 3rd.

3rd gear is not much good after 70 mph.

I took note that at 100 mph in 5th gear my car is at 4000 rpm, then at 110 it's at 4500 rpm. That's not bad, now if I had more balls at them speeds & RPMs our cars could haul.

I have a 90 EX completely stock, obviously manual trans. with close to 267K miles.
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

3rd gear is good all the way up to 90. My car pulls really strong up to the redline in 3rd gear which come a little after 90 for me. Shifting into 3rd at 60 will put you right in the powerband.

Comment

Working...
                      X