Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

hmm i wonder what one of these would do to a motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you do that?. and even if you can it would be too much fab work. all this is, is an electric fan that forces more air through my intake. youll understand tonight when the pics are up.
    My cb7

h22a
    5-spd lsd
    Lord, grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can,
    and the wisdom to hide the bodies
    of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

ricers are funny

Comment

Originally posted by ATS666 View Post
        ricers are funny
        Whats rice about it? If it produces power that is worthwhile I don't see how its rice. I'm sure he is not doing to for looks.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
        Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
        My member's ride

Comment

Lol, it looks like a 220volt motor and the whole assembly has to be almost the size of the car's engine, or more. Would be a funny project though.

now this is what you want: http://www.sonicairsystems.com/images/sonic70-lg.jpg
          Still about the size of an engine block. Would be interesting in any case
          Last edited by Otto; 10-28-2008, 10:53 AM.
          Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

ricers are funny
            you callin me a ricer is like you sayin you love takin dick in the ass so shut the fuck up. no one asked your fuckin opinion. i mean hell i bet your someone out there thinks your ricer or your car is ricer b/c you drive a honda, so why put me down for havin fun. you kno ur a real mature idiot. fuckin idiot.

on the other hand i done this cause i was bored. i knew it wouldnt produce power and it dont really. the only thing it does is stop my hesitation and help on sluggish take off. and as for looks its not that big. imma take before and after pics when i paint it, and you wont even kno its there.
            Last edited by f22a1accord; 10-28-2008, 11:18 AM.
            My cb7

h22a
            5-spd lsd

Comment

Originally posted by Otto View Post
              Lol, it looks like a 220volt motor and the whole assembly has to be almost the size of the car's engine, or more. Would be a funny project though.

now this is what you want: http://www.sonicairsystems.com/images/sonic70-lg.jpg
              Still about the size of an engine block. Would be interesting in any case
              gah that thing is huge. im actually thinking of taking the motor off the one i have a put an rc motor on mine. maybe like tha momba max electric motor if i can find one cheap. here is a pick of the mamba motor i want... maybe
              http://h1071118.hobbyshopnow.com/Pro...MS7700-250.jpg
              My cb7

h22a
              5-spd lsd

Comment

ok. ok i found a pic of the actual product im using. here it is. http://performanzchip.com/images/ELE...PERCHARGER.jpg
                ill have the pics of it on my car soon. ill have to take them when im off work and outta school cause im at school from 8 til 515 then i work from 6 til 10 so it kinda hard to get daylight.

ps. it dont really add 35hp. its like i said earlier it took away my hesitation and gave it a little more pep on take off.
                My cb7

h22a
                5-spd lsd

Comment

Originally posted by f22a1accord View Post
                  ok. ok i found a pic of the actual product im using. here it is. http://performanzchip.com/images/ELE...PERCHARGER.jpg
                  ill have the pics of it on my car soon. ill have to take them when im off work and outta school cause im at school from 8 til 515 then i work from 6 til 10 so it kinda hard to get daylight.

ps. it dont really add 35hp. its like i said earlier it took away my hesitation and gave it a little more pep on take off.
                  That is definitely blocking your airflow and taking hp away from your motor

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
                  Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
                  My member's ride

Comment

Originally posted by f22a1accord View Post
                    you callin me a ricer is like you sayin you love takin dick in the ass so shut the fuck up. no one asked your fuckin opinion. i mean hell i bet your someone out there thinks your ricer or your car is ricer b/c you drive a honda, so why put me down for havin fun. you kno ur a real mature idiot. fuckin idiot.

on the other hand i done this cause i was bored. i knew it wouldnt produce power and it dont really. the only thing it does is stop my hesitation and help on sluggish take off. and as for looks its not that big. imma take before and after pics when i paint it, and you wont even kno its there.

Listen I am not a ricer... I am not lowered or fart piped or into electric superchargers or mad JDM parts etc... Everything on the car is stock appearing. (mods - Intake silancer removed, h23 tb/plenum, gutted iabs, UR underdrive pulleys painted black, UR aluminum flywheel, newer honda mags, vigor brakes, bilstein struts with cargo coils with 1" spacer)

I am not your mother (who happens to love it in the ass) and dont take shit from 12yr olds who think they know it all...

Anytime you post anything online you are asking for some ones opinion...

Im a 24yr old license class A interprovincial mechanic who the fuck are you?

Comment

Would like to see dyno charts of before and after, and with it on and off (referring to the electric "supercharger" F22a1accord is using).
                      I'll take his word that is does something, I'm just curious how much, and how it affects hp/tq from idle to redline.
                      Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

dude that thing looks like the E-ram.
                        http://www.electricsupercharger.com/products-eram.html
                        Freedom Is Not Free
                        U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

I'm a mechanic too!!!! Woot for mechanics.

ANY WAY.... I use this setup at my work. It's not used for the air it puts out but the air it takes in. We use it for a machine called a Pal-matic. We repair pallets at my warehouse and this machine has four posts, one in each corner. then two beams supported by the four posts. Basically imagine a giant H if you look at it from the roof. There is a hose that comes down and a tool on the end of that. We use the vacuum created by the blower to pick up the tool attached to the hose. The operator can adjust the level of the tool by closing a port on the tools handel. This is like putting your hand over the end of a vacuum cleaner hose and watching it scrunch up. when the hose scrunches up, it pickes up the pallet and the operator can inspect what condition it's in.

It would be really neat if some one here could use both functions of this on their car. Use the air out put and the vacuum created to operate several things. I just can't think of what it could be used for.
                          Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

This makes me think to this : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Elect...RCHQ3aUSQ3a101

Comment

MAN!!!! That WRX is PUMPIN some serious juice. LOL

WTF i thought WRX's came with turbo already? Even the non STI versions.
                              Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Listen I am not a ricer... I am not lowered or fart piped or into electric superchargers or mad JDM parts etc... Everything on the car is stock appearing. (mods - Intake silancer removed, h23 tb/plenum, gutted iabs, UR underdrive pulleys painted black, UR aluminum flywheel, newer honda mags, vigor brakes, bilstein struts with cargo coils with 1" spacer)

I am not your mother (who happens to love it in the ass) and dont take shit from 12yr olds who think they know it all...

Anytime you post anything online you are asking for some ones opinion...

Im a 24yr old license class A interprovincial mechanic who the fuck are you?
                                For one i'm not a little 12yr old bitch. yea i might be young but i kno wtf im talking about. hell u might be a licensed mechanic but i bet you all the money in the world, i know just as much on cars as u do and i'm not talking about just honda's. you name it, i can tell you about it. you tell me how a car is running, i can tell u what to do to fix it or at least a round about on it. i grew up in this shit so dont play me with your bull shit man. i mean damn why do you have to call me ricer b/c i tried an experiement. yea i have an exhaust(that dont sound like shit) and other than that my car is stock appearing too so you have no room to talk. just drop it.

edit: haha who say's your mama anymore.LMAO
                                Last edited by f22a1accord; 10-28-2008, 10:30 PM.
                                My cb7

h22a
                                5-spd lsd

Comment

Working...
                                X