Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

*STR intake manifold / looks good, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*STR intake manifold / looks good, but...

i don't know anyone who has this on their ride, but if anyone does, any feedback would be appreciated. i love how these IMs look, and i'm guessing performance may be just as good as upgraded IMs such as skunk2 or the euro R? but its the price that hurts
    here's a pic
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

its meant to be a turbo manifold... euro-r is your best bet.

Comment

i thought this was good for N/A setups too..i always felt these were the best looking aftermarket IM for the H22s, B18s, B16, etc; just a bit costly tho, but would look into buying one if the gains were worth it on a N/A setup, plus the show factor counts too
      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

for the price of the STR (probly less) you can get the euro-r mani. you could also send in your throttle body to be bored out:
        http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=771875&page=1
        ~~~~~~~

Comment

this manifold is best suted for turbo applications.
          To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

man,, screw the euro-r people make such a big hype about a stock manny,, i have a skunk 2 and i saw a dyno on honda-tech of the skunk 2 out-performing the euro-r,,, you know why,, BECAUSE ITS BETTER,,, HANDS DOWN,, DONT TALK SHIT IF U AINT GOT IT,,,, THATS EASY TO UNDERSTAND,, UNLESS YOUR STUPID
            -95 JDM H22 LSD-
            -HYTECH Header-
            -Skunk2 IM-

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr
              for the price of the STR (probly less) you can get the euro-r mani. you could also send in your throttle body to be bored out:
              http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=771875&page=1
              ..spoke to jorge(he's maxbore.com). was gonna send my tb to him, but i sent my tb to Fastlane Performance(NY) coz they're gonna retrofit a vacuum fitting and a plate to cover the top of the tb where the map sensor was. and about the STR im, the price is steep, but the finish looks amazing, thats why i want it..but i just hope the performance aspect is there too. i see some are saying its for turbo applications, but i don't see why it can't be used for N/A setups..it has single runner designs
              5.6L V8 32V DOHC
              JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

see how its all blocky, that is great for pressurized air cause its large but for NA tuning, you need certain velocity and smoothness within the intake mani, thats just a box with four tubes, not a well tuned smooth Na intake manifold, if that was great for Na then they would use that instead of 4 Throttle bodies. Think
                To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by BIGDOM
                  man,, screw the euro-r people make such a big hype about a stock manny,, i have a skunk 2 and i saw a dyno on honda-tech of the skunk 2 out-performing the euro-r,,, you know why,, BECAUSE ITS BETTER,,, HANDS DOWN,, DONT TALK SHIT IF U AINT GOT IT,,,, THATS EASY TO UNDERSTAND,, UNLESS YOUR STUPID
                  hey now, dont take your anger out on us... its not our fault you believe everything you hear on h-t. and i think the "stock" euro-r is the best. why do you think people with itr's dont swap the manifold for skunk one... cause its just a copycat. the euro-r is just a type-r manifold for the h22... why would you not use it over some pos skunk.

granted, the gains/loses will vary with each setup, but id much rather take my chances with an oem part over that skunk one. its so obvious that it just a halfass job. they just spit out some shitty manifold cause everyone was bitching about wanting it. whats saddest of all, is that it took them years and thats all they could come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
                    ..spoke to jorge(he's maxbore.com). was gonna send my tb to him, but i sent my tb to Fastlane Performance(NY) coz they're gonna retrofit a vacuum fitting and a plate to cover the top of the tb where the map sensor was. and about the STR im, the price is steep, but the finish looks amazing, thats why i want it..but i just hope the performance aspect is there too. i see some are saying its for turbo applications, but i don't see why it can't be used for N/A setups..it has single runner designs
                    I'm with soysause on this. it looks like it would be sweet on a turbo setup but not so good on N/A. I think the EuroR is better suited for N/A. if you port and polish the E-R I think it could out do most any mani for the H22
                    ~~~~~~~

Comment

well im sorry if i offended anybody,, i just love the manifold,, its a great alternataive to the euro-r,, i have no time , or money to spend modufying a euro-r manifold,, i got my skunk2 ofr 300 shipped,, and im happy with it,,, all im sayin is u cant crack on it,, unless you have it,, i wanted the euro -r real bad ,, its a beautiful manifold,, but shit happens,, and im happy with the skunk2 ,,i got my money's worth,,,
                      -95 JDM H22 LSD-
                      -HYTECH Header-
                      -Skunk2 IM-

Comment

Working...
                      X