Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Need Turbo Help!Mayb Boosting MY f22a6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Turbo Help!Mayb Boosting MY f22a6

i might be planning on boosting my f22a6.. im not shur yet but if i do..
    i'll grab a t28 or t3/t4 turbos from any dsm's vovlo's or saab's
    i need to know where i can get these
    Wastegates-
    Turbo Manifold For My f22a-
    Oil Lines-
    FuelPump-
    Custom Pipings-
    The other things i can get np FMI,BOV,etc..
    I Was wondering Is there anything else i need.. If so plz tell/add.. and answer The above! Thanks!.. Dont worrie im only boosting about 6-10 and probbally doing internals later..but need Those answerd first thx..
    1st Car 1990 Accord Ex-R*Dead // Tow Truck
    2nd Car 1992 Integra Gs*Dead // Tree//Water
    3rd Car 1992 Accord Ex-R // Keepin For EVER!!

-lines and fittings - go to home depot
    -turbos and little shit like that go to the junkyard
    -dont forget to snatch off the injectors off the first gen eclipse
    -piping you can get at a racing shop or muffler store
    - Your gonna need some kind of fmu go hondata
    -also get a 255 aftermarket fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator
    -then get the downpipe from the dsm if you wish
    -get a aftermarket intercooler from ebay
    -then last but not least go to a real certified racing shop and have your shit tuned dont be like alotta people on here who say i wanna boost this and this without this or ill do it myself or oh ill do this and this later im tellin you youll blow your shit up and have noone to blame but yourself.

Theres gonna come a day when your gonna wanna boost your shit hard thats why u take it to a shop to dynotune it to see what its actually doin and how is it running. Youll thank me later and so will your car by surviving

Comment

I am new to turbos and engine so HOW does tunning/ dynoing stop it from blowing? i thought all dyno do is tell wht hp u got...
      thx

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

theres no guarantee when you boost or throw just about anything on your engine you can take safety measures or strenthining the block buidling it up. Cause when somethings gonna go reguardless if it can handle it or not its just gonna go thats the rules of the game when you want more hp. Tuning on the other hand just makes it more efficent when something is outta wack in trun just puts things back in the balance of where it should be so that theres less complication.

Comment

thanks allot h22sparkle.. but i still havnt decided to boost my f22 or just get a h22a and boosting it after im done going all motor..
          but im pretty shur i got all the information i need for the dsm turbo build up.. and if i do think of boosting my f22 then its down to the junkyard i go! thanks

Comment

No problem just dont forget to upgrade your fuel systems make sure you daily maintenance is good (motor oil and coolant. Then a aftermarket fuel pressure regulator and 255 pump and have a good hondata , and last but not least someone whos tuning your car who knows what the hell they are doin. Cause if you tune it yourself you probably wont know what your makin and what the engine is doin. and thats like playin russian roulette.

Comment

haha yea true dont worrie.. it'll stick to my head.. imma right the list down and start collecting if i got ne problems ur the savour.. aiight? lol..thx again..oh and i was wondering would my setup still work even say allot later on i put a h22 in? but bigger turbo like t3/t04's..or should i just do it now ><

Comment

and wats lines and fittings that i should grab from home depot? im not quite shur.. =\

Comment

.3.00ft of -3an stainless steel oil supply rated at 3000psi @ 500 degrees

-16.00 of 5/8 hightemp 500 psi oilrated returnline
                  t-fitting
                  hoses and clamps for the fitting
                  and the t-fitting with the adapter.

Comment

LoL Shit! u just lost me again!
                    how about u tell me exactly wat to buy from there LOL
                    and its for the ??? damn.. makes me sound like a fool

Comment

write this down and go to the plumbing section and ask one of the people who work there bring the turbo shit with you so you can match it up when you take it there.

Comment

home depot sell stainless steel oil lines?

Comment

why don't you try this place out instead of home depot:

http://www.racepartsolutions.com/

..they have all the stainless steel lines, fittings, etc. that you need.
                          5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                          JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                            [B
                            -then last but not least go to a real certified racing shop and have your shit tuned dont be like alotta people on here who say i wanna boost this and this without this or ill do it myself or oh ill do this and this later im tellin you youll blow your shit up and have noone to blame but yourself.
                            [/B]
                            I'm a newbie and am in need of assistance because i don't quite understand. What does a dyno tell you about your engine and how its running specifically? As far as i know it will only show power and maybe a/f ratio's if it has a wideband. What other features could i look forward to seeing if i go to the dyno? Please help me to understand sparkle. I was gonna follow this one guy named Blazen_Accord. I was gonna do exactly like he did and go to a dyno right away. The tuners at his dyno told him everything would be fine and let them handle it. He did just that and followed everything they said. 2 weeks later the engine blew due to their tuning. Please explain what went wrong. And how i would know my tuners have the knowlegde that it takes to tune a turbo honda. Why can't i just tune it myself? What specifically wouldn't i be able to see that the tuners would?
                            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Well its obvious he probably went to the wrong tuner. Or the block imo just couldnt handle it. Unless you like the butt dyno so called guessing it,well it feels stronger you dont know how much your makin nor if the car is running really right. 2 weeks later it blew well that may have not been the tuners fault maybe it was his fault if it blew 2 weeks later on his car he probably did something wrong and not the shop. Unless your an expert i wouldnt mess with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X