Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Air boost valve block-off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air boost valve block-off

I've searched and searched and can't find anyone that makes a block-off plate for the air boost valve on the prelude intake......Anyone know where to get one, or is this gonna be a custom fabrication? I don't need nor want this valve and would rather just delete it.

I know I can just cut a thin piece of metal to put between the valve and gasket, but would rather have the valve completely removed for a more seamless look.

My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

you mite could find someone with a JDM manifold and see if they'll sale you there's. but other than that you'll have to make your own.

Comment

Originally posted by sulimed View Post
      you mite could find someone with a JDM manifold and see if they'll sale you there's. but other than that you'll have to make your own.
      Yea, what I thought...need to make some friends at a machine shop.
      My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

or just take sheet metal and 2 10s and make your own block off. My f22b came with it blocked off already. But they shouldn't be to hard to find.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Say, what's the benefits of removing that valve?
          Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

I bought a jdm h22 manifold from Ghost2.2 and it had the block off valve.

You can pretty much make your own if you wanted to. Perhaps some sheet metal cut to the shape of the opening and tapped with holes.

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
              Say, what's the benefits of removing that valve?
              Most likely nothing performance-wise. I just want to eliminate it mainly for aesthetic purposes and then just to eliminate it as every giving me a vacuum issue.

It's only really needed in extremely cold climates.
              My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                I bought a jdm h22 manifold from Ghost2.2 and it had the block off valve.

You can pretty much make your own if you wanted to. Perhaps some sheet metal cut to the shape of the opening and tapped with holes.

ANY idea where to source one of those? It's an OEM part in Japan so it seems like it should be source-able but i've had no luck whatsoever.
                My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Someone made one for me a while ago. Actually Ben, it was Steve that gave it to me. He was at that first meet you ever went to. He had the H23 coupe with nitrous.
                  Gary A.K.A. Carter
                  [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                    Someone made one for me a while ago. Actually Ben, it was Steve that gave it to me. He was at that first meet you ever went to. He had the H23 coupe with nitrous.
                    Yeah, I think I remember that....someone with CNC access should seriously make like 50 of these and sell them here for $25. They'd probably all sell.

I think I finally found one on ebay in a round-about-way of getting it.
                    My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
                      Yeah, I think I remember that....someone with CNC access should seriously make like 50 of these and sell them here for $25. They'd probably all sell.

I think I finally found one on ebay in a round-about-way of getting it.
                      i could make some, check out the egr block off plate i made in the fab section.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                        i could make some, check out the egr block off plate i made in the fab section.
                        Yeah that plate looks awesome! If you made some you'd definitely have me as one buyer!
                        My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

The block plate Ikayto posted looks to be custom (unless is was grinded down), the OEM one has casting-like ridges on the face w/ some high and low areas, and I would assume a recess on the back for the figure 8 O-ring. I've seen several of them on here, and also in person. That'd be a really easy plate to make yourself though, I have made block plates for the EGR, IACV, and Air boost valve out of 3/16" brass.

Comment

I'm watching a plenum on ebay right now that's being sold from a seller in Canada. It has the OEM block off plate installed. I messaged him asking him to sell just the plate, lol. I doubt that. Maybe I'll try to message him again and see if he'll at least give me the part number so I can find it online.
                            My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
                              I'm watching a plenum on ebay right now that's being sold from a seller in Canada. It has the OEM block off plate installed. I messaged him asking him to sell just the plate, lol. I doubt that. Maybe I'll try to message him again and see if he'll at least give me the part number so I can find it online.
                              Is it the whole plenum with TB? I'll take buy the rest of the plenum if you have to get it.
                              Gary A.K.A. Carter
                              [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Working...
                              X