Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

battery relocation to achieve more power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

battery relocation to achieve more power

Well, as you guys know, our intakes are located right behind the battery.
    For the stock airbox, it should be fine because it has that hose that directly sucks air from the outside, but after putting on a short ram, the battery seems to block a significant amount of air. Would i notice a difference if i were to relocate my battery?

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

maybe 1hp

Comment

If you relocated the battery, you will have more options on intakes.

EXAMPLE:

Good luck.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

unless your gonna take out the passanger headlight and do a ram air induction, its a waste of time to relocate the battery just to run a different intake.

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
          If you relocated the battery, you will have more options on intakes.

EXAMPLE:

Good luck.
          You just love flashin' your penis around in public don't you?
          I need a custom turbo manifold built....
          707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
          "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
          '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

by relocating your battery you achieve a couple of things
            -less clutter in the engine bay
            - better weight balance
            -more intake options
            Ive done it on a couple of my cars!
            To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

im actually not trying to get a different intake.
              Planning to keep my AEM short ram intake and just relocate the battery so that air can more effectively reach the filter.
              What do you guys think of that?

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

Originally posted by b3nsonx View Post
                im actually not trying to get a different intake.
                Planning to keep my AEM short ram intake and just relocate the battery so that air can more effectively reach the filter.
                What do you guys think of that?
                You will notice absolutely no improvement whatsoever......already plenty of air getting to the filter.

I plan to relocate the battery and install a prelude volant someday though!
                My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

where is your intake? - in the engine bay

how does a filter suck in air? -from the surrounding environment

Does it matter if a battery is blocking an air filter or not IN the engine compartment? -no b/c the ambient temp doesn't change at all. Its still gonna be hot as Fuc* in there.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

dude i cut a hole in the front of that big black box behind my bumper and reused 1 of the stock plastic air tubes and kinda made my own ram intake. i have a body kit so i get all the air comin in. i dont think u can with stock bumper.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppa694lyfe View Post
                      dude i cut a hole in the front of that big black box behind my bumper and reused 1 of the stock plastic air tubes and kinda made my own ram intake. i have a body kit so i get all the air comin in. i dont think u can with stock bumper.
                      So are you now drawing all induction through that single stock sized pipe? If so then it's way too small, it simply can't flow well enough and will be strangling the engine to whatever degree...

Even both of the stock intake tubes together add up to a smaller cross sectional area than a single 3" round tube, which is what I'm using on my home made cold air intake, which draws air from high inside the fender cavity, into the OE filter box (modded to accept the larger inlet tube). Of course to draw from the fender cavity the resonance box needs to be removed from the fender cavity.
                      Regards from Oz,
                      John.

Comment

Originally posted by johnl View Post
                        So are you now drawing all induction through that single stock sized pipe? If so then it's way too small, it simply can't flow well enough and will be strangling the engine to whatever degree...

Even both of the stock intake tubes together add up to a smaller cross sectional area than a single 3" round tube, which is what I'm using on my home made cold air intake, which draws air from high inside the fender cavity, into the OE filter box (modded to accept the larger inlet tube). Of course to draw from the fender cavity the resonance box needs to be removed from the fender cavity.
                        Yea but ultimately if ur gonna run a huge intake u gotta upsize the throttle body and portmatch the IM too. So w/a stock TB running a cone filter on stock piping isn't a crime.

Simplest way though would just be to get a cold air intake and pray for no deep puddles.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                          Yea but ultimately if ur gonna run a huge intake u gotta upsize the throttle body and portmatch the IM too. So w/a stock TB running a cone filter on stock piping isn't a crime.

Simplest way though would just be to get a cold air intake and pray for no deep puddles.
                          My point is that at the very least you need to be drawing induction through both of the stock inlet tubes, not just one. I don't know whether bigpoppa is actually doing this, but his post suggests that he might be.

Any restriction in the induction is to be avoided, and the affects are cumulative, i.e. if you have a restrictive initial inlet pipe then there will be a pressure drop (below atmospheric) both in and after the restiction, if you then have anopther restriction (say a bad filter) then there will be another pressure drop.

This will lower pressure at the throttle body all the way into the filling cylinder, lower pressure = less cylinder filling thus less power. This is the case whether or not a larger throttle body etc has been fitted. Of course, any improvements upstream will not be very beneficial if flow is strangled downstream.

CAI can be fitted that breath from high up in the fender cavity, you don't really need to be drawing air from lower down, this eliminates the slight chance of drawing a slug of water into the engine...
                          Regards from Oz,
                          John.

Comment

penis

what kind of car is that whale penis for? i relocated my battery already and i'm looking for a good intake to use. i've wanted to get a whale penis intake forever. if you could P.M. the car it came off of i would be very happy.

WINTER = HONDA UPRAGES - Last year was a HUGE suspension upgrade. This year its cockpit upgrades, brakes, wheels, and a possible tune and/or motor swap.

Comment

Working...
                            X