Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cold Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold Air

Has anyone put a cold air intake on an ABS equipped Accord? Seems to me the only way would be to re-locate the ABS components (not sure if that's even possible). Is my only choice a short ram?
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2418752

Originally posted by CB7 Fanatic View Post
    Has anyone put a cold air intake on an ABS equipped Accord? Seems to me the only way would be to re-locate the ABS components (not sure if that's even possible). Is my only choice a short ram?
    I'm not sure if the ABS would be in the way as I don't have ABS on my car but, you should do a ABS delete if it is.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
    Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
    My member's ride

Comment

Originally posted by AbsurdNY View Post
      I'm not sure if the ABS would be in the way as I don't have ABS on my car but, you should do a ABS delete if it is.
      Isnt the only thing in the way the ABS relay / fuse box. . . Should be pretty easy to move a couple inches (Its been a long time since ive seen a ABS cb7. )

Comment

Originally posted by AbsurdNY View Post
        why are people so hell bent on deleting ABS??

For the OP, I have ABS on my coupe. As i have yet to put a motor in it, i'm not 100% sure it WILL fit. Looking at my sedan without ABS, it seems like it will. If it doesn't, i can get one made for you. I would just have to talk to my fabricator. I'm sure it can be done.

Comment

A CAI will fit with no problem.....check my sig or ride page!

The ONLY issue, is a 3" CAI from a prelude will be VERY tight (I'm currently trying to figure out how to install one)

But any CAI you buy for the accord is about 2.6" and will fit fine!
          My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post

The ONLY issue, is a 3" CAI from a prelude will be VERY tight (I'm currently trying to figure out how to install one)

I'm with Sobeman. I will not be doing an ABS delete. What's the advantage? Better braking? I think not. Anyway, I would think that the filter would go exactly where the ABS sh!t is. Otherwise, the filter would be so high up in the engine bay that it would eliminate the cold part of the air intake. Also, I just finished rebuilding and installing a USDM H22 (but leaks coolant like nobody's business), so I need to find a way to fit a 3" tube in there so he b!tch can breath. It seems to me that very few people have done an H22 swap or any other performance mods for that matter on an EX with all the options (I haven't found anybody). Nobody on CB7Tuner.com has been able to help me with any advice yet, except for one guy that called me up about the wiring. Example, I couldn't get any help on how to keep cruise control. Had to fabricate a new throttle cable bracket and add some washers to the pedal side of the throttle cable. I'm surprised I wasn't able to find anything about that anywhere on the net. I'm done with my rant now that I have carpel tunnel. I'll be hitting the meets as soon as I fix the coolant leak(s).

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post

Can't see the ABS components in your sig.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Fanatic View Post
                Can't see the ABS components in your sig.
                Here's a better pic from my MR thread:

My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

I had an AEM 3" CAI from a Prelude (92-96) in my car and it BARELY cleared everything. The only thing i had to do was enlarge that hold near the bottom of my fender, since I had the accord 2.5" intake in there before, the prelude one is obviously bigger. But yeah, a little twisting of the pipe and it snugged in there. I didn't even have to move the battery at all.
                  here's how it fit in my car:

clears everything, ABS reservoir, strut bar, and the transmission kick down cable (since I'm AUTO) still functions perfect.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I have a sri and it scrapped the corner if the abs unit pretty bad. I just cut about 3/4" off of the end that connects to the TB and it fits perfectly now. Don't know if this helps...

Comment

Working...
                    X