Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Vapor injector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vapor injector?

Ok so my grandpa is way old school and he has put "vapor injectors on his vehicals. Anyways he swears by them. He says that it gives MUCH better gas milage and more power. He has on in his diesel engine rv and one in his for escape. It basically looks like a jar of water with a breather valve and a tube running from it to the pcv valve and he plugs it all up and the water bubbles. The way he said it works is the vapors from the water take the place of the gas. So it leans out the gas while keeping the top of the motor clean and free of carbon bulid up. He gets 35 mpg in town on his '06 ford escape. CAN ANYONE provide more info on this and if this is something that is good for the car, since CB7's are differenent then Fords

Has nothing to do with water vapor. This sounds like crankcase blowby is bubbled up through the water, cleaning it of any oily vapor which soils the fuck out of the intake manifold over time. Then whatever light gasoline-originating vapor can continue on to be burned. That water probably needs to be changed now and then. Unless, this is just a fancy looking breather valve and just vents blowby to the atmosphere. You didn't mention if it was connected to the intake or not.

Sure you aren't trying to install a bong in your engine bay?
    Last edited by Dirty Harry; 08-29-2008, 03:51 PM.

Comment

I think picture would help a lot to. because i have no real clue what your talking about.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

That isn't injection, it's just a fancy catch can. A bong, like Justin said.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Well he has to fill it back up with water ever so often, because the water gets put through the motor and used according to him "in place of" his gas. I doesn't go into the intake.

http://www.mileageman1.com/about.html
          Last edited by topcop182; 08-29-2008, 11:40 PM.

Comment

BUMP for more info!
            http://www.kuratrading.com/PDF/WaterInj.pdf
            Last edited by topcop182; 08-30-2008, 03:43 AM.

Comment

ok I think next week I am going to give this a shot. I have read up on it some more and it seem* safe. The water cools down the motor and makes the air in the cyllinders denser and i assume allows for higher compression. while at the same time helping to clean the motor. We SHALL SEE! pictures to come

Comment

Dont forget to record your results. Espescialy gas mileage

Comment

yeah but wut does it do to the motor over time and all if i had another motor sitting around id try it out and see how relieable it is but if some on here can proves it works and wont harm the motor that would be great
                  cb7's and three titty women with two vaginas is all we need in life j/k
                  MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

Comment

Working...
                  X