Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

any hp gain from straight piping my exhaust??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H22A91CB7 View Post
    im goin to use the exhaust from a 98 accord with dual mufflers from the rear wheel back and try to make it fit onto the cb7 exhaust...
    Tow hook gets in the way (which can be removed). Also there is nowhere really to mount it without the other side looking uneven.

Comment

straight pipe out the cherry bombs. mad power
      Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
      Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
      Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
      Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

straight pipe does NOT sound good...straight pipe with glass packs does not sound good (I know from exp.)

high flow cat is pointless in this application

get 2.25" piping...leave the kitty alone for now...replace when you boost or do some more engine work (as in the engine not the intake)
        ____

Comment

Originally posted by alkoholikwun View Post
          at the dragstrip, my cousin said running straight piping (minus muffler), and straight headers felt like it wasnt as strong as running a full pipe.
          i disagree
          Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
          -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

People think that looks + sound = mad hp.
            VIP Status.

Comment

QUOTE=fatboy1185;1635944]straight pipe out the cherry bombs. mad power[/QUOTE]

I ran my f22 like that, it was like having vtec yo.

I'd think its something to do with the vacuum created in the exhaust system. Exhaust gases should flow smoothly from out the engine through the header and exhaust system. Kinda like the exhaust gas coming out of the system pulls the exhaust entering from the motor. Maybe?
              Originally posted by deevergote
              ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
              Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
              Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
              04 WRX stg 2 sedan
              Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

Well...that gave me an idea...and this may not be the right place but I'm gonna come out with my own line of performance parts...

\_____________________/
                ||PLA-C-BO Performance|| It'll give your brain HP!!!
                /------------------------\

PM me for orders
                Last edited by bcjammerx; 09-11-2008, 10:43 AM.
                ____

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                  you only gain like 1hp over a catback system. that retains the cat. converter. Our Cats flow pretty well.
                  No wai

On all my cars I have upgraded to 2.5" piping (if it wasn't already there) and the butt dyno confirmed power gains throughout the rev range.

If I could only do 2 mods to the F22A6, they would have to be the H23 plenum and a straight 2.5" exhaust. Mad gains kid

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                    No wai

On all my cars I have upgraded to 2.5" piping (if it wasn't already there) and the butt dyno confirmed power gains throughout the rev range.

If I could only do 2 mods to the F22A6, they would have to be the H23 plenum and a straight 2.5" exhaust. Mad gains kid

butt dyno reliability not an issue here...I will not question the butt ...but we aren't talking a full exhaust...only a straight pipe/gutted cat...

larger diameter exhaust will give some gains, but the cat is not the culprit...it flows fine on a moderatly built n/a motor
                    ____

Comment

get i/h/e suck more air in motor+get it out faster=more power.... nuff said...
                      lisa is long gone, but sophie is here!

i got a good feeling about this one

im going to have to
                      |_..._...____________======||_|_|__--]
                      "(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''*|(@)(@)*****" (@)
                      check out my mr thread
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=106541

Comment

Originally posted by FamousFreak View Post
                        probably not because its good to have a lil back pressure....correct me if im wrong!
                        "More exhaust backpressure generally means less horsepower"- according to Import Tuner.
                        Cappuccino CB7 Member #4
                        FoDough fo moreho
                        [FuNKiE FrEsH]

Comment

and as long as you have a header on the car, your backpressur will not be an issue.

I mean unless you go to like...2" or 1" pipes...damn...1" exhaust pipe...that would be an awesome way to fuck with someone
                          ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                            butt dyno reliability not an issue here...I will not question the butt ...but we aren't talking a full exhaust...only a straight pipe/gutted cat...

larger diameter exhaust will give some gains, but the cat is not the culprit...it flows fine on a moderatly built n/a motor
                            Well if you're going w/2.5" or even 2.25" all the way back, why bottle it up with a 1.75"-2" cat? At the minimum u gotta get an upsized cat.

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

probly something like my f22a6 with strait pipes souned like

with the fart can

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/m...22a_124437.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/m...22a_124650.htm

with the 400 dollar exaust

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...ord_125255.htm
                              Last edited by 93_f22aky; 09-01-2008, 10:30 PM.

93 EX COUPE, F22A6 turbo project
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...45#post1615845
                              96 lexus sc300 DD
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143563

back from basic.... off to ait.... CB still being worked on i have mad plans for it .. sorry cant tell its on the hush hush for now but all i can say in somewhere around 500 hp soon to come..

Comment

Where does he have enough room to get to 120? I usually catch up to people before I can hit 120...most I've ever done is 113. There are no need for speeds that great though...one fuck up and bye bye car and bye bye life.
                                VIP Status.

Comment

Working...
                                X