Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

any hp gain from straight piping my exhaust??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any hp gain from straight piping my exhaust??

anyone got any vids of how a straighht piped f22a6 sounds??? my muffler fell off today i backed her into a curb lmao and i like the no muffler sound and was wonderin if id gain any hp by straight piping it
    to achieve a Fuck, you must first give a Fuck
    Follow me on twitter @tru_whitetrash

probably not because its good to have a lil back pressure....correct me if im wrong!
    STUFF FOR SALE!!!
    1992 Accord Lx.
    1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by FamousFreak View Post
      probably not because its good to have a lil back pressure....correct me if im wrong!
      personally agree.

at the dragstrip, my cousin said running straight piping (minus muffler), and straight headers felt like it wasnt as strong as running a full pipe. there was lots of backfire with the straight headers.

Comment

A properly designed header, with a good collector and straight pipe will make great power. Back pressure is not what makes power in a exhaust system.
        spin city

Comment

X2

From what I understand on the subject of exhaust systems. Back Pressure is always bad. For NA setups theres a scavenging effect for each pulse of exhaust gas and because of the velocity of the pulsed gas there is a slight vacuum behind each pulse and this is what helps the next pulse of exhaust gas to exit your exhaust system faster.

A really good write up on my friends DSM forum. It's a good read.
          http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/freq...kpressure.html
          Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Would probably sound something like this

VIP Status.

Comment

LOL that's almost the same way I ended up with my straight pipe. I backed across my street into the curb, mind you my megan exhaust sticks out. It cracked rigth infront of my cat. So I went to a local muffler shop bought some 2.25" pipe to go with the cat-back, took the cat out and welded it up. I noticed a difference in feel. Less low end power(tq) and more high end power(hp). Also have eBay header on it too. So it's up to yourself do you wanna sacrafice low end tq for a few more high end hp's. For daily driving in say a city it will feel a little more slugish but when you wind out the gears you can feel the powerband more.

Comment

you only gain like 1hp over a catback system. that retains the cat. converter. Our Cats flow pretty well.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

back pressure is not an issue, unless you are running with no header you are fine. Search and you will find.

It will sound like crap, and there is no benefit.
                  ____

Comment

Originally posted by 92vig View Post
                    Would probably sound something like this

HAHAHHAHAHAHAAA pwnt
                    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                      HAHAHHAHAHAHAAA pwnt
                      LMAO, x2.

Comment

answer to your question in here:

http://www.importtuner.com/features/...val/index.html

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

Originally posted by acc0rd_adicti0n View Post
                          anyone got any vids of how a straighht piped f22a6 sounds??? my muffler fell off today i backed her into a curb lmao and i like the no muffler sound and was wonderin if id gain any hp by straight piping it
                          mine is straight piped and is loud but sounds ok. im looking to get a kicker exhaust setup tho to quiet it down.

Official CIVICKILLER's members ride thread! http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=112829

rock her with the shocker!

Comment

im goin to use the exhaust from a 98 accord with dual mufflers from the rear wheel back and try to make it fit onto the cb7 exhaust...

Comment

Originally posted by H22A91CB7 View Post
                              im goin to use the exhaust from a 98 accord with dual mufflers from the rear wheel back and try to make it fit onto the cb7 exhaust...
                              thatd look good

Official CIVICKILLER's members ride thread! http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=112829

rock her with the shocker!

Comment

Working...
                              X