Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

H22 rebuild...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 rebuild...

1.Iv started to slowly tear apart my H, so I can start the rebuld. As soon as I inspect the pistons to see if they need to be replaced or not. I will be getting a rebuild kit.

I was looking this site http://www.importperformanceparts.ne...FQWxsgodxjGWrQ

If my pistons are bad I will get the Master rebuild kit, if not I will get just the re-ring kit. Whitch includes everything as the master kit except timing belt, pistons, and expansion plugs. Whitch ever one I get I will upgrade to the TOGA HP Rod and Main Bearings.

Does this all sound good, is the company reputable?

2.First off Im going to have the head and block resurfaced. Then since im going to have everything torn apart is there anything else I should be doing?

I plan on using my F22 manual tensioner to do the timing belt conversion. I was thinking of getting a balance shaft removal kit as well, but what are there intended purpose and how would it benefit me?

I dont have a huge budgeet so im nott looking to do any major machine work. Although I do plan on running a 100 shot direct port a little while down the road...

I am open to all suggestions, ideas, and comments?

Thanks

Anything?

Comment

sounds good to me

Comment

Comeon anyone else...Is the balac shaft removal kit worth it, and what other mods should I do while everythinf is disasembled?

Comment

What is your overall budget?
          To me so far what you have sounds good, the balance shaft removal kit is good for gain hp I would go a head and do it since you will have the motor apart. I would consider putting on type S cams and maybe do a skunk2 valve upgrade also you could get a Type S intake manifold, it has shorter runner and there is only one set of runners. It is a similar design to the B18 type R. I would consider doing a little port and polish work and i think what would be good is port matching and getting hondata intake manifold gasket suppose to give you some extra hp for under 60 bucks. I am sure there is more but that should help.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

wow thats pretty cheap for a compl rebuild kit. if u got the skillz go for it
            frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord View Post
              What is your overall budget?
              To me so far what you have sounds good, the balance shaft removal kit is good for gain hp I would go a head and do it since you will have the motor apart. I would consider putting on type S cams and maybe do a skunk2 valve upgrade also you could get a Type S intake manifold, it has shorter runner and there is only one set of runners. It is a similar design to the B18 type R. I would consider doing a little port and polish work and i think what would be good is port matching and getting hondata intake manifold gasket suppose to give you some extra hp for under 60 bucks. I am sure there is more but that should help.
              I dont have the money for skunk 2 valve train right now. Nor cams, I was thinking about getting a Skunk2 Intake mani. I think a port and polish along with a port match will be ok. I want the motor to pull but be reliable and not too much money into it.

I still have my plans set on a J swap still...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010 View Post
                I dont have the money for skunk 2 valve train right now. Nor cams, I was thinking about getting a Skunk2 Intake mani. I think a port and polish along with a port match will be ok. I want the motor to pull but be reliable and not too much money into it.

I still have my plans set on a J swap still...
                Get the euro intake manifold its better, the skunk2 as shown to lose power in some application, plus you have to get an egr kit if you plan on keeping that.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

bring it to a shop and make sure they check the bores and main housing bores.

the ACL bearings are cheaper and just as good, with the money saved on bearings id get it align honed.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I was reading the thread on the civic with H22 that made 216WHp.
                    He basicly had a healthy yet stock hh2 with a stock intake manifold with the IAB's removed. A 68mm throttle body, tuned ecu, egr delete, balance shaft removal, 3.5 inch intake. And the open down pipe of course.

Since im rebuilding my H22 completley it will be healthy as well. I want to get gains somewere near the civics. So the balance shaft removal kit as planned. I already have a BBK 68mm throttle body. Now would it be better to just take the IAB's out of the stock H22 intake manifold or go with a euro r intake?

I was also reding about how the 3inch exhaust netted bigger gains than 2.5inch. So I think Ill try the 3 inch as well.

Im not sure of the H22's bottlenecks...but this is what I have so far. Can you guys help me mod the list for a lightly modded N/A build.

:Plans So Far:
                    *Fully rebuild H22
                    *Port & Polished head
                    *Balance shaft removal kit
                    *(Port Matched)Euro R intake or stock with IAB's removed
                    *Edelbrock(BBK) 68mm throttlebody
                    *3" or 3.5" intake?
                    *Remove the EGR
                    *A good header?
                    *A chipped p28
                    *Bisi intake manifold gasket....

Also another question, what is the average cost of a port and polish? I will also do possibly a 3 angle valve job if funds permit? What is the cost of a valve job on average as well?

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                      bring it to a shop and make sure they check the bores and main housing bores.

the ACL bearings are cheaper and just as good, with the money saved on bearings id get it align honed.
                      When you say bores and main housing bores what are you refering to?

Also what do you mean by align honed...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010 View Post
                        When you say bores and main housing bores what are you refering to?

Also what do you mean by align honed...
                        look it up. you need to know these terms when rebuilding a motor.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I'd say go for it. You know what you have to do. I like how you planned it out. I think it will turn out nice. Good luck.
                          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                          X