Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Mods to start with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mods to start with

Hello Everyone,
    New to the board and I have some questions about mods to start with.
    I asked my mech. if port and polish is a good thing and he said that the head of my car is probably a alumin one. So that maybe out of the question. But what else can I get other than Intake and exhaust?
    I want to get better gas milage for one but a little bit of speed power for another. Any ideas?
    T.I.A.
    S^2
    Running a 16yr old wagon and still loving it.

just start with the basics: intake, header, and exhaust.

are you planning on keeping this engine or doing the h22 swap? i wouldn't dump all this money into your F series engine if you plan to swap, but if you keep it just start off with bolt ons.

you can also check out the phenolic spacers that i'm selling for pretty cheap.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...threadid=11247
    Adam - Retired OG member from '03
    2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
    2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Re: Mods to start with

Originally posted by darkkhild79
      I want to get better gas milage for one but a little bit of speed power for another.

these two dont belong in the same sentence gas mileage and power, it's like mixing oil and water they just dont mix

My Ride

Comment

wELL, I'd like to do a swap but
        One: I don't have the money to go and get a motor and play with it.
        Two: it is a bit of a pain to find a h22 around in my neck of the woods.
        Three: I 'm trying to work on finding a house and so on down that road...
        So I am looking at just some things to do with the motor that I have now
        So carry on with the info.....
        S^2

Comment

Originally posted by darkkhild79
          wELL, I'd like to do a swap but
          One: I don't have the money to go and get a motor and play with it.
          Two: it is a bit of a pain to find a h22 around in my neck of the woods.
          Three: I 'm trying to work on finding a house and so on down that road...
          So I am looking at just some things to do with the motor that I have now
          So carry on with the info.....

In that case, just do the things I stated above and you'll notice a little difference.
          Adam - Retired OG member from '03
          2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
          2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
          2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

cam, cam gear, advance your timing......

just some ideas

Comment

You can just go to hmotorsonline for it if they are too hard to find they can just ship it to you thats all.

Comment

I'd say don't go for the power but rather put the power u have to the wheels. Clutch, flywheel, and some sticky tires. All are transferrable between the f and h series trannies if u do decide to ever swap i believe
                Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I say go for the power then go for to what can help aid that power gettin it towards the ground. They both go together.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                    I say go for the power then go for to what can help aid that power gettin it towards the ground. They both go together.
                    i made the same mistake...should have gotten the clutch and tranny stuff done b4 i turbo'd. Now i'm getting so much torque that the clutch just spins out most of the power that i should be getting to the ground. Its so bad i can't even chirp the tires in 2nd gear cause the clutch is too busy spinning

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

thats differnt it depends on what you get if you go forced induction you have to get alot of stuff for allmotor its not that serious but one with the other is like icecream without the cone. One without the other just doest taste sweet.

Comment

well its up to him now and i still say get the power to the ground first. But for power mods i agree as far as i/h/e/cam/and camgear but i'd like to add a fuel pressure regulator to that mix.

Comment

Thanks Guys for the info,
                          Though I may of have found a junkyard that may have some H motors in their mist of cars. And this junkyard lets you pull the stuff yourself, which I like to do but maybe not on the motor though.
                          Question though about the motors...How much should one spend on a h motor? I haven't a clue to this means, and I don't want to get hosed over either.....
                          Thanks once again.
                          S^2

Comment

The most important mod is the adancment and skill of the driver. How long have you been driving your cb7 and how often are you pushing it to its limits?
                            To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

In regards to SoySauce:
                              I have had the car about a year now, It has little over 151k on it and It seems to run pretty strong IMO, AND best of all it is a 5 speed wagon which is a pain to find in my area since I favor wagons. I really don't redline it, just usually shift at 5000 - 5500 in the first three gears If I can. usually up to about 70 or so then so I can't really get it up to the Higher RPMs then or the boys in blue will come and play along with me. I believe that my spark plugs seals or gaskets on the head or so on need to be replaced since the one plug has oil on its tip. Other than that I love the car. I had been waiting to get one for some time now.
                              S^2

Comment

Working...
                              X