Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

S2000 Greddy street legal turbo kit on cb7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S2000 Greddy street legal turbo kit on cb7?

I live in Northern cali and laws are strict here with cars, but i want to turbo my CB and was woundering with some modifications of course, If i could make the street legal Greddy turbo kit for the S2000 work on my cb7 with the F22a4 what do you guys think?? it may be a long shot but if it would be street legal that would be worth it i think. let me know what you guys think!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=91030 <--MY RIDE!
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140230 <--MY ongoing ENGINE BUILD!..

might work...but the piping may be a little different. Im sure the muffler will be the issue tho.

*Needs*
    -New shocks
    -Struts
    -Drop
    -Cleaning
    -New Tires/Wheels
    -New Window Tint
    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

I doubt it... It may be leagal for an s2000 but as soon as you put it on your accord which wouldn't work anyways (wrong exaust manifold) it would be illegal.

Comment

yeah i knew the exhaust mani wouldnt work but you think it still wouldnt be street legal, i dont really know what to do now.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140230 <--MY ongoing ENGINE BUILD!..

Comment

Get out of California.
          To-Do List for Today
          Be Awesome

Comment

haha really this place sucks with the laws and bull!

Comment

Fake it.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

nope...

Originally posted by motobmx105
                I live in Northern cali and laws are strict here with cars, but i want to turbo my CB and was woundering with some modifications of course, If i could make the street legal Greddy turbo kit for the S2000 work on my cb7 with the F22a4 what do you guys think?? it may be a long shot but if it would be street legal that would be worth it i think. let me know what you guys think!
                The only thing you can do is try to BAR your car with a engine swap that matches the Turbo Kit. One thing about this tho is that BAR refs are picky and can say NO to this too. Essentially taking out the F22a for a H22a makes your accord a "prelude" in a accord skin however it can be up to the REF to rule it legal or not.

There are no carb legal kits for the 90-93 accord but I believe there was a F-max turbo kit for the 94-97 that was carb pending according to my oldass Import Tuner magazine. So maybe if you swap a F23 motor and use that turbokit you should be good.

Another thing would to do a 97up H22A prelude motor and using the Greddy Turbokit. (What I was going to do until I found out from a smog ref that the kit was only for OBD2 cars/engine so my JDM OBD1 wouldn't be legal with it)

Really those are the only routes u can take to get a legalized turbo CB7 in california...but remember the BAR Ref can be an ass if he wants to be or without proper knowledge disqualify you to save the hassle. I got disqualified at the Sacramento BAR for visual due to the smog refs "20years of no knowledge" my car was done legit. Civics and integras he sees everyday but nobody ever sees H22s in our accords or expect it.

I'm trying to legalize my JDM H22a swap but failing on just the sniffer. Before my appointment, there was a blown oldschool mustang (460HP) that somehow passed the sniffer and got his BAR tag. So seeing this I don't see why a turbo CB7 can't be legalized as long as it's not polluting and has the right CARB marked parts for the correct specified engine.

Just visit several refs before attempting a headache and make sure he's ok with it first.

Another thing you can do is just the DSM turbo mod on your F-motor and keep your car a SLEEPER. Don't put a bigass shiny FMIC/pipes on your ride or blow off everywhere you go. Some Cali tricks people do here is the painted black or anodized black FMIC with hidden or tucked pipes. Another reason I think people stopped doing bodykits and went JDM because it's simple no fashion (looks stock) to the NooB cops. Stock exhaust but with a E-cutout for the times u need a high flow exhaust to draw less attention.

Exhausts are cop magnets in my area and can give them a reason to check under your hood. Keep it simple and u should be good. Just take off the turbokit every 2years like my friend does (good anyways so u can see what needs maintenance) and then smog and throw it back on.
                Last edited by Kurobei; 06-02-2008, 08:05 PM.
                I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

s2k kit will not work.

get a kit from Accord SIR. hes selling one for a great price. paint the intercooler piping and intercooler black so the cops wont see it. then put a vibrant sleeper (stock looking muffler but bigger) and cops wont even know.
                  miss my turbo cb7
                  moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

i second on faking it. i'll let someone else elaborate on how to do it though...
                    1cor10:31
                    - 92 LX coupe
                    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Man i love texas.......ive been drivin around with no front bumper cover and my front mount just stickin out for like a month now and no cop has said anything. Im even running open down pipe right now(no cat no exhaust at all and loud as shit.) and took off next to a few cops and none of them have said anything to me.

TEXAS FTMFW!!

Comment

put a 2008 Honda Accord V6 in there....done and done.

DEVOTE

Comment

VECCO High Performance makes a stock turbo kit for F and H CB7s. No Ks yet but they are working on it. Everything bolts like stock including the piping. It has everything you need including the downpipe. And the BOV is even already welded to the intercooler piping. Closest thing to plug and play that I have ever seen. All you need is to upgrade your fuel pump and you're ready to go. They are an authorized Turbonetics dealer so you have to believe its CARB approved.

Here's the link: http://www.vecco.com/products.php?sub_cat_id=2#thumb
                          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                          If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by chrischhorn
                            Man i love texas.......ive been drivin around with no front bumper cover and my front mount just stickin out for like a month now and no cop has said anything. Im even running open down pipe right now(no cat no exhaust at all and loud as shit.) and took off next to a few cops and none of them have said anything to me.

TEXAS FTMFW!!
                            Texas dont really care until you start getting obnoxiously loud and trounce around fast. Usually the will let you off. Just dont go blowing off everywhere or running open DP all the time you should be ok. And also have a ""legal" sticker or just register your car in Waco and just get the safety inspection. Cant beat 12.50.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R
                              VECCO High Performance makes a stock turbo kit for F and H CB7s. No Ks yet but they are working on it. Everything bolts like stock including the piping. It has everything you need including the downpipe. And the BOV is even already welded to the intercooler piping. Closest thing to plug and play that I have ever seen. All you need is to upgrade your fuel pump and you're ready to go. They are an authorized Turbonetics dealer so you have to believe its CARB approved.

Here's the link: http://www.vecco.com/products.php?sub_cat_id=2#thumb

i wonder which one of those FMIC is the biggest you could go without having to cut/mod the front bumper... I'm trying to keep a low pro look with my build...
                              Allison Stokke... Google her... Yeah

92 Accord Ex Sedan - Parting Out

H22 GT4088 CRX build coming soon

Comment

Working...
                              X