Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Intake mani, spacer and plenum F22A6 to my F22A4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake mani, spacer and plenum F22A6 to my F22A4

Greetings, just want to say that i have bought this F22a6 from a member of here, so my worried is that my engine is F22A4 I want to add this but my car dont have that black box andthe solinoid and the valve lines to open and close the butterfly of the spacer that cone with the F22A6 version, so i have ask a friend that works with honda and told me if i put that and close the valve to have always open the 4 butterfly i will loose torque but over 4,000 revolution it will gain something, I jsut want to hear some opinion and what recomendme for the best performance, thats i will apreciate everything.
    Honda La Ley - Clase y Mas...

My Member Ride

the best performance would be to have the butterflies operating properly. i just connected mine via vacuum from the intake manifold.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

^^^^Same thing I did, if you look at the plenum from the front bumper, on the backside, upper lefthand corner, there are two nipples, same goes for the a1 and I am assuming a4. One off those nipples are already used, one is just capped off. I just hooked it up to the capped off nipple.
      Originally posted by 92dm
      I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
      VOUCHES
      Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

Oh i will check this weekend when putting on, so i will connect a hose to that butterfly valve and to the back of the plenum to check if works, i cant buy the hole black box, solinoid, and the complete thing because it is so expensive, just am trying to get the cheapest and having the best performance. thanks.

My Member Ride

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
          the best performance would be to have the butterflies operating properly. i just connected mine via vacuum from the intake manifold.
          can you please draw a diagram about the connection to the butterfly valve i will thank you.

My Member Ride

Comment

you just put the vacuum hose from the butterflies to the nearest vacant vacuum nipple.
            I <3 G60.

Comment

by hooking up the iabs via vaccuum, you would not have to use a pt6 ecu correct?

Comment

Originally posted by tanNn2koo
                by hooking up the iabs via vaccuum, you would not have to use a pt6 ecu correct?
                I dont really know have not any experience with this spacer, but i will try hoking it to a niple in the back of the plenum to check if works if so i will let you guys know the pros and cons that i get this saturday.

PD. where do i check my computer number? thanks.

My Member Ride

Comment

on the computer itself.
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by blazt
                    I dont really know have not any experience with this spacer, but i will try hoking it to a niple in the back of the plenum to check if works if so i will let you guys know the pros and cons that i get this saturday.

PD. where do i check my computer number? thanks.
                    cool, let me know. anyone else know if it will run just by vacuum?

Comment

it will run just fine on a vacume. It wont be as precise as the ecu, ut it still works.

ABou the "u dont need the pt6", I dont know about the manni with vac. lines, but i do know that if you have the A6 cam, your car will run very badly with the pt3.

Just look at the side of the ECU. it will say something like "123 PT3 456" something like that.

Comment

while they will open, they wont open at the correct rpm. So you will have the full amount of top end power since they will open then, not the same low end since they will open early and wont get as much velocity.
                        Cars:
                        91 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                        98 Accord LX Sedan
                        95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (E3 16G, PTE 780cc, Godspeed FMIC)

Comment

ok, thanks for reply i got right now all gaskets and o rings, so tomorrow its the day, i have been talking to this honda mechanik the one that will install it, he told me to get rid of the spacer... and just put it without spacer because he said that its more close to the engine and the air go in less time to the engine... you guys know am not good at performance, or install it with the spacer with a vacum line directly to the back of the plenum. hope last response to this. thaks alot.

Also, what CPU you guys recommend me ? my car is auto, f22a4, any hope to gain something better?

My Member Ride

Comment

If the mechanic tells you not to use the spacer, then you should find a new mechanic.

I wouldnt let him work on my car if he said that to me

Comment

yes the spacer was put there by honda for a reason.......When its closed you get more low end torque but when they open you get more high end power. Removing that spacer would leave you with less torqe then before but a slightly more powerful top end. Why lose one to gain the other when you could have gains on both ends?

Comment

Working...
                              X