Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

p12 vs pt6 and f22a6 cam and intake mani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadow1
    well i thought that cooler temps ment more HP. wtf? lol
    Higher combustion temperatures cause more heat and more rapid expansion of gases, which = more power. That is why when a car is running lean, it often produces more power.

The benefit to a "Cold Air Intake" is that cooler air is more dense, so you can actually inject more fuel without causing a rich condition, thus producing more power.
    Last edited by foamypirate; 05-21-2008, 02:32 PM.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Okay, I concede that vacuum actuated IAB = fail. What about C91BLX7's suggestion to use a cheap shift light? I've never had a shift light, so I don't know if they stay on past your shift point, or do they turn off after you pass it, like in drag racing on NFSU? (don't laugh, it's my only point of reference for shift lights.)

Originally posted by Shadow1
      my main thing is it shouldnt really matter. if you have a few mods to help with better acceleration the loss in tourqe from the IABs opening up should get canceled out right?
      Is it possible that the increase in upper end power could compensate for the loss of low end torque? If so, I'll gladly have a higher 60 ft or 330 ft time if it means a lower 1/4 mile time.

At what point should I start thinking about getting a tuned ECU? Sure it's cool to have, but when will it really be worth the money (if it's soon, then HondaBob from Full Throttle Performance Racing is tuning ECUs for $50 (including the chip!!) in northern Ohio this week and I should go see him quickly!)

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet
        Is it possible that the increase in upper end power could compensate for the loss of low end torque? If so, I'll gladly have a higher 60 ft or 330 ft time if it means a lower 1/4 mile time.
        That is the whole point of the IAB system. It is there to give more low end torque WITHOUT taking away from top end power.

You'll still have the top end with the vacuum IABs, but you'll lose your low end.
        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

okay, I understand that, but I'm not sure if my f22a1 has the right wiring to actuate the IABs, like Shadow1 said earlier. Would the shift light trick work?

Comment

If you use the PT6 ECU, you just need to run a wire from pin A17 to the ground on the IAB solenoid plug, and find a 12v ignition power source (black/yellow wire in the engine bay, should be one near the dizzy) and run that to the power on the IAB solenoid plug.

If it helps, our IACVs use the same plug as the IAB box. I just took one off an Accord in the junkyard.

And yes, the shift light should work as long as you wire it properly.

Comment

Hmmm... Got some thinking to do. I appreciate the help. You'll probably be hearing more questions from me in the coming weeks.

Comment

Feel free to throw them my way.

Comment

Okay, I've been running the p12 for a couple of weeks, getting in some runs on the accelerometer when I can find the space, lol. Instead of getting the rumored ten ponies, I've had between 8 and 15! My high hp run so far has been 133 hp. I'm guessing that the p12 on a stock motor is ten ponies, but with the bolt ons, it increases it even more. I just finished bolting the catback together today, so I'm really looking forward to making some more runs.

On a side note; I've decided that the slight difference in power increase from the a6 pieces isn't worth it to me in relation to the wrench time and expenses for new gaskets, timing gun, inch/lb torque wrench, so I'll be selling them off in the classifieds.

Comment

Working...
                  X