Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Exhaust Concerns: Cat-back Systems - World Sport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust Concerns: Cat-back Systems - World Sport?

Okay, so I've searched my brains out tonight.

I originally planned to get a custom 2.25 cat back system for my car into my Arospeed muffler with a high flow Magnaflow cat and my DC header fixed/welded in. Well, my 550-600 quote for the work turned into a 700 quote. That's not worth it for a custom system.

So I've been looking around. I can get a cat for around 50, and I should be able to install it myself, right? It just bolts in?

I'm gonna leave the header til last, because that's a 250 fix and install.

But basically I've been looking into catback systems now. I was wondering about the Apexi World Sport. Everything I've read says they're great systems, but I'm concerned about rust since the piping isn't stainless. How long can I expect the piping to last before I have issues.

I'm looking for a good QUIET exhaust that will run me under 430 or so shipped. I don't really want Magnaflow. I mean I like the system, but I'm not sure if I like the oval tip they use. I'd prefer a standard 4 inch tip.

Duals would be the best, but there's no way I can find that. So does anyone have any input/sites where I can find a decent quiet catback for under 430 shipped. I mean I REALLY want the World Sport, but if its gonna rust out on me in a year and a half, its not going to help me.

Im selling a ractive b pipe, (the middle part from cat to axle back) for a goood price hit me up.
    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

i just got my ws2 put on about 2 months ago. The only problem with the world sport line for our cars (maybe others) is that the resonator hangs ridiculously low. it scrapes and i was thinking of getting a skid plate on there but haven't found the time. Look at my sig, the black part under my car that looks like it's the lowest is the resonator. But i would def buy this exhaust again. Super quiet with a little growl. about 15% louder than stock.
      BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

check out kteller.com

My Ride

Comment

Yeah I just installed WS2 in my car about a month ago...Go it for about $400 shipped....And yeah the only problem I seem to have is the fact that the midpipe section would hang so low, especially the resonator.....But other than that, this thing is ridiculously quiet....Well, it gets loud when you punch the car, but overall, it's seriously quiet....
          I really hope that you're joking about the whole system rusting in a year and a half tho...Does that seriously happen to the A'PEXi World Sport exhaust systems???

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

i wouldn't worry about the pipes rusting. i've had my WS since 2001 and the pipes are fine.
            5.6L V8 32V DOHC
            JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

You made my day.....Hehehe thanks

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

exhaust

can u put a 5th generation exhaust on a 4th gen?

Comment

sure you just need to cut the pipe a little cause its too long
                  R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
                  My members ride page
                  Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Comment

Are you kidding? $700?!?!? That's not a rip off ... that's like letting them rape you in the ass without lube, omfg. I paid $80 for my system. That was for the work and the piping.

Comment

Working...
                    X