Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

So you get a bottom end block what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you get a bottom end block what to do?

So yeah I may get this bottom end of a d17 block (no head) from this kid for 100 bucks.

At some point I want to BOOST so I was thinking of getting it and building it.

IF i do get the block what's the next step in building it? (bottom end)

Help me out. I was boost with the dezod turbo kit by the late summer and push 300HP safely. I'm still confused with the piston sides/rods/ bearing to buy. It's all confusing to me over the last week I have been reading about internals and i'm super confused. I plan on getting the EX head for 100$ from some kid as well.

I was reading up on honda tech and this is what I read:

Weisco custom pistons 9:1 76mm bore.
    Piston part # XT- 519P76 Wiseco 76mm 9:01 compression about $450.00

CR- BR3740B Crower Billet Honda 1.7 $600.00

Sleeves part #DS-300-010 Darton flanged sleeve from a D16- 75mm bore to 76mm to fit my oversized pistons. $210 a set of 4

block bored to fit the sleeves about 78mm and the crank shaft line honed. resurface top of block

ARP heat studs 100$

head P&P 3 angle valve job

So your looking at 1,300 for the parts + to get the engine block bored
    How much is all that? and who would you call for that.
    Last edited by Maple50175; 04-15-2008, 01:21 PM.

get it sleeved, probalby around 1k unless you have someplace local and dont have to pay for shipping
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

This project will be more than $1300 and you don't even sound like you can handle the assembly of all this yourself, so are you going to pay someone? Late summer of 2008? I don't think so. You need to rethink all this and do more detailed research, you're just scratching the surface right now.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

If you want boost why is this in the N/A section?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

go on 7thgenhonda and talk to exturbo (steve) or andyman (andy), steve is said to push well over 400 when his d17 is done, and he too is having a shop do his and its takin them some time. andy did his himself and it took him a while, he is pushing 375. there is a lot more with this in an em1/2 as well. you have to redo the timing gear. i would look over there, there are quite a few of them that are boosted. you talk about the dezod kit, but most of them with the kit are only pushing 225hp, that is also stock block, but i dont know how much there kit can actually push.

andy is very knowledgable about these cars and boost, and whats involved with them.

with the timing gear, you either run hondata or kpro or something combined i cant remember how that goes, but the ecu mod is also close to a grand i think.
          Last edited by bagoon316; 04-15-2008, 02:14 PM.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
          So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

gotcha, its just a foreseeable thinking. who knows what I wanna do .. yet.

Comment

+1 on the wrong forum section
              Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
              Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
              Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
              Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185
                +1 on the wrong forum section
                Nugatory becuase it's going NA

but anyways

I emailed a place by me and this is what they gave me for a price:

this is for labor(if i bring them the parts)

To install darton sleeves, bore/hone, deck block, jet wash, align
                mainline and assemble bottom end would be $1500.

P&P would run around $1100 including comp 5 angle vavejob, surfacing,
                new valve seals and jetwash.

Is this cheap? worth it? etc.

Comment

I don't understand why you're so insistent on fucking up your reliable, running car.

Comment

Originally posted by doylna
                    I don't understand why you're so insistent on fucking up your reliable, running car.
                    For the exact same reason we all mod our reliable, running cars...
                    Originally posted by sweet91accord
                    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                      Nugatory becuase it's going NA

but anyways

I emailed a place by me and this is what they gave me for a price:

this is for labor(if i bring them the parts)

To install darton sleeves, bore/hone, deck block, jet wash, align
                      mainline and assemble bottom end would be $1500.

P&P would run around $1100 including comp 5 angle vavejob, surfacing,
                      new valve seals and jetwash.

Is this cheap? worth it? etc.
                      those are reasonable prices.

i am a big fan of leaving the morotr stock for a DD and jsut rev the piss out of it till it blows.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by doylna

Comment

Working...
                        X