Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission

So I was wondering if anyone had a cutout of the transmission with all the gears and so on kinda meshed out so I can follow it real quick (M2s4 h23). I am repairing it tomorrow. I recently broke my driver side axle and I was wondering if it was normal for the speedo to go up with the tach when it broke (spindle side is spinnin in place, axle is still connected to intermediate shaft). I found that interesting. But wasnt sure. I want to make sure I didnt break anything else in the trans since when it broke i wasnt paying attention and revved up to 8200 ish rpm. Plus I want to see what the countershaft meshes with to get a speed readout.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Originally posted by NAiL05
    So I was wondering if anyone had a cutout of the transmission with all the gears and so on kinda meshed out so I can follow it real quick (M2s4 h23). I am repairing it tomorrow. I recently broke my driver side axle and I was wondering if it was normal for the speedo to go up with the tach when it broke (spindle side is spinnin in place, axle is still connected to intermediate shaft). I found that interesting. But wasnt sure. I want to make sure I didnt break anything else in the trans since when it broke i wasnt paying attention and revved up to 8200 ish rpm. Plus I want to see what the countershaft meshes with to get a speed readout.
    damn son your fucked If you know like i know either get another tranny or send the shit to gearspeed and get the type 2w/lsd and get it over with. Its only a week delay well worth the wait and with a 5year guarantee you should be set straight if.......you can afford it.

Comment

I've posted up the low quality version in this thread. You can get the high quality ones here:

http://smash.systemsabuse.com/trans.jpg
      http://smash.systemsabuse.com/diff.jpg

Last edited by foamypirate; 03-25-2008, 12:27 AM.
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Here's one of the differential.

Originally posted by sweet91accord
        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          Well, you revved the engine once your axle was snapped. It only makes sense that the axle will spin at the speed the engine is going, which the axle spins the vss.

I doubt anything got damaged.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Thanks. I remember hearing a while back if your vss is going up with your revs your diff is probably fucked. If thats the case this is gonna suck doing a trans in my parking lot. But not sure seems like it meshes with the diff. Gonna have to check this tomorrow....Damn this isnt gonna be pretty. I guess ill just change the axle tomorrow and see what that nets me. All else fails the diff went out on me. If thats the case ill just pull the trans, and prob put another in I dunno. This is suck.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

If it's your diff that went out, maybe I can send you one from either my good F, or my fucked h23. I'm sure the diff is still good on the H.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                Well, you revved the engine once your axle was snapped. It only makes sense that the axle will spin at the speed the engine is going, which the axle spins the vss.

I doubt anything got damaged.
                That is true I didnt think of that. But I will replace the axle first tomorrow and see what that nets me.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

mine snap from shifting the 4th at 180(accord tranny)...the axle cut in the middle but nothing else broke.

Comment

If your axle pops out the tranny will spin and the speed will go up. Nothing will be damaged just if it does that for a while you will burn the tranny inside.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
                      If your axle pops out the tranny will spin and the speed will go up. Nothing will be damaged just if it does that for a while you will burn the tranny inside.
                      Ya. I kinda thought of that when I made this post. I dunno I always think of thw worst thing that can be broken and work from there. IN the end it was just the axle. But when I took out the axle the explanation was ther why the speed was going up. But yea nothing wrong with trans other than i need to do a trans fluid change next with my oil change. Thanks for the input and the people that provided diagrams.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Glad to hear you're still in good shape

Comment

glad you got this fixed man and it was nothing more than an axle.

Comment

Thanks but here was the aftermath for those that dont know. Axle basically decided it didnt want ot be part of the outer joints.

This is the drivers side btw. No clicks or anything it just decided to go to shit one day.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Wow. What is it with us and axles?
                              To-Do List for Today
                              Be Awesome

Comment

Working...