Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio install..HELPPPP

What up,

I was trying to install my pioneer head unit and i found the 2 little screws above the stock head unit..I took those out and it still wouldnt come out! How do i remove my old radio so i can install the new one??

I'v done it before in my old sentra but it was EASY as hell

thanks for your help

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs...PDF/466033.pdf
    that should help!

hehe i fixed the link, u need adobe abrocat to read that file...
    Last edited by accordztech; 10-06-2003, 02:53 AM.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i see u dont have adobe...looser..haha

Remove Factory Radio
      The Honda radio is secured as one unit to the pocket (or optional CD player) below the radio. The
      radio and pocket remove as one unit by sliding out through the front of the dash. The radio/pocket
      assembly in this vehicle is secured to the dash with (2) 8mm bolts at the rear of the radio as seen
      in the center photo above. To remove the radio, these bolts must be removed. However, in order
      to gain access to these bolts, you would have to reach around to the rear of the dash behind the
      radio and remove the bolts. Unfortunately, there is not enough room to gain access to these 8mm
      bolts unless you have specialty tools only professional installers would have.
      There is a VERY SIMPLE solution to remove the radio. Honda designed the radio so that the 8mm
      bolts securing the bracket that attaches the radio/pocket assembly can be accessed from
      underneath the radio through the ashtray location.
      The Install Doctor STRONGLY recommends removing the radio by accessing the 8mm bolts
      through the ashtray. A professional installer who has removed many radios in this vehicle would
      probably choose to reach around the rear of the dash and remove the 8mm bolts with a specialty
      tool. This would probably take that installer at 5-10 minutes and lots of patience.
      Removing the radio by accessing the 8mm bolts through the ashtray is the fastest and easiest
      method to remove the radio and does NOT require the use of a speciality tool.
      A NOTE BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
      A word on removing the Honda radio
      Photo showing 8mm bolts that are
      accessible by removing the ashtray.
      8mm bolts securing the radio/pocket assembly to the metal
      bracket inside the vehicles dash opening.

i sent him the pics through AIM...free up some computer memory to install abrocrat hahaha!
      Last edited by accordztech; 10-06-2003, 04:55 AM.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

so how did it go bro?

Retro!

Hater

Comment

I can't get my ashtray screws out

they are in there so hard, I don't know how the hell I'm going to get them out. I wish I could just rip it off.

Comment

radios are easy! hit me up and ill go over there and help you or do it for you bro
            Patastinky's parting out thread. Everythings GOT TO GO!!

c0up3z r3pr353n7 !!!1!
            MY HondaSociety.com VOUCHE THREAD !!

MY HONDA-TECH.com VOUCHE THREAD !!

Comment

yeah, I got all mine out today

I went to plug in the head unit and forgot the wire harness, hopefully I can pick one up tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
              X