rear deck removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear deck removal

i wanted to mount speakers in my rear deck, so my question is how to remove the rear deck? would i have to take out the back seats? how do i even remove the pods from the 6x9's in the rear too? i tried searching for the rear deck removal but no results

1990 Accord EX 91200 miles..SOLD 2700$
    out of the game for now but looking

ummm are u replaceing or are u wanting to do sumthing custom?
    Members Ride sold...
    I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

its in there with a couple bolts and a bunch of expanding metal clips.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
      member ride thread
      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

the speaker pods are held in by 3 bolts.

Comment

3 10mm bolts under the factory pod in the trunk.

taker that out.

then flip it over remove the 3 screws to expose the cover

then remove the speaker.

tada!
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

^^ as above for getting pods out.
            If you want the deck out for something custom.
            Remove both rear side pillar trims, fold the rear seat down, remove cushions on sides of rear seat, remove plastic trim around rear seat latch.
            Then it's all clipped down. If the window has ever been replaced you will find that the sealer may have leaked through and the deck will be stuck to it. Theres not enough room to get in there and cut away at the sealant so, I found that the only way to get it no matter how much i tried, was to just rip it out . . .

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

hmm wtf thats an asload of work to get the rear deck out.. but okill give it a ago

1990 Accord EX 91200 miles..SOLD 2700$
              out of the game for now but looking

Comment

The rear deck is a pain to get out. I removed mine when I had my windows tinted and also wanted to get rid of the third brake light (didnt work with the spoiler so seemed pointless) It takes a good bit of work and time to get all of the little expanding clips out without breaking them. If your gonna do it evil_demon_01 gave you a pretty good idea of what is involved.

Comment

Originally posted by acchonda
                  The rear deck is a pain to get out. I removed mine when I had my windows tinted and also wanted to get rid of the third brake light (didnt work with the spoiler so seemed pointless) It takes a good bit of work and time to get all of the little expanding clips out without breaking them. If your gonna do it evil_demon_01 gave you a pretty good idea of what is involved.
                  Most of the clips broke on me, Just from old age.
                  wat?

Comment

clips breaking doesnt so much have to do with age but the enviroment the car was in through its life. for instance my car, every clip is still damn near perfect. if the car was left in the sun a lot the clips integrity will be degraded.

i can usually look at a panel and tell if its going to break before i take it apart. if its really stiff most likely your going to have to be extra careful. if the panel has a good amount of flex to it your made.

just remember, when you take apart your car, the panels are all made to be removable, so take your time and BE PATIENT. going fast is for the experienced.

Member Ride Facebook
                    XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                    SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                    For Sale Thread

Comment

X2 there buddy patients is the shit!!!! i dont have much
                      Members Ride sold...
                      I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

nor do i.... but then again... ive got experience... boooooo yaaaaa

Member Ride Facebook
                        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                        For Sale Thread

Comment

patience is key when removing panels from an interior of a car! you havent lived till you remove a door panel from an audi a8!

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                          member ride thread
                          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

you havent lived until you have to repair an a/c line in a 03 ferrari 360 spyder owned by richie sambora that you coworker/manager popped a hole in. then have to disassemble the entire front end of the ferrari without messing anything at all up... whew that is no easy task!

It was so freaking fun to take apart a ferrari though.

if anyone could find pics of that car i would greatly appreciate it because i got canned from that shop before the box got back from paint

Member Ride Facebook
                            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                            For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
                            X