Alarm not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm not working

Well the situation is that the alarm is not working obviously, not sure what it is but any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

the alarm fiasco started at the mall by it being armed and i was unable to unlock it. eventually i opened it with the key and it set the alarm off. While it was going of i went underneath the dash and took the brain attached to system out to make it stop. Then i tried to reattach it but it still went off. Eventually it just stopped. A day later i put it back and it was working fine.

Until i decided to get a system put in. When i took off the positive terminal it went off, i just left it off to install the gauge system wiring. When i hooked everything back up to the battery the alarm went off like how it did before and i just disarmed it. After the setup of the system the alarm just stopped working. Then again a day later it started working just fine. About a week later it just stopped working all together.

Could any of this be the reason why it stopped working or the sytem was just done for to begin with? I was considering about installing another alarm but the guy said something about the remote losing its code to the brain because of some sequencing combination with the remote, and that it might need to be re-programmed, because in his experience he has never heard of the brain being fried. Also i was thinking if i find another brain computer and a remote could i just hook it up and programming the remote to be active with it?

if you have read this far i thank you for taking the time to do so. I tried to explain everything in detail so you may understand the complexity of my situation.

my members ride page

what kind of alarm is it, what model? it will say on the alarm.

if the alarm is more than a few years old and was used semi-frequently there is a good chance the brain no longer works.

i have seen many a alarm brain fry, it doesnt take a huge fire to fry a alarm brain. a burnt out transistor, a blown capacitor... any of these things could cause your problem. test all the wires going to the alarm, make sure they all are getting power. make sure there are no blown fuses.

alarms dont have "code sequences". programming a remote only takes a few minutes. but if its an older system you may just have to buy a whole new alarm. i would just buy a new alarm system if i were you. what do you have to lose by upgrading your security? you could get 2 way paging and increased range by upgrading.

check out the viper alarms made by dei with XR (extending range)

Member Ride Facebook
    XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
    SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
    For Sale Thread

Comment

poopy on viper!!! lol its what is on mine .... im a compustar fan... lol but i cant complain tomuch my viper 791 is serving the purpose.
      Members Ride sold...
      I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

ya i rock viper, i have a 771, we were out of stock on 791 when i bought mine.

i love the alarm my roomate has, i forget the brand right now ill post it later. but you receive your alerts and can control the alarm functions from your cell phone and the key fob.

Member Ride Facebook
        XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
        For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
        X