speaker housing/mesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speaker housing/mesh

ok so i looked over the speaker areas in the back and doors of my LX. theres the housing, and the mesh covering the speaker. on the rear, the mesh part came off easily and i simply removed the stock speaker and put in (2) 5" pioneers, but they stick out at an angle and the mesh cover doesnt fit back over it. i wuz wondering if there wuz ne way to take off that plastic housing, and how big would the hole be?

door speakers - im lookin into gettin a pair of cheap pioneers to replace the door speakers, and hopefuly it can b covered so my dad doesnt c it =P he doesnt want me puttin money into moddin so early in my drivin.

u can take out that modling in the back of the speaker and just drill new holes for the speakers.. u can also buy spacers thats a ring to help mount the speaker while getting rid of that thing in the back.

one word of caution though, make sure the magnet doesnt hit the window....just put the window down and dry fit.

then the speaker should be coverd by the grill....

i think the door space without the housing will give u alot of room..u may only get to put 2 screws though...

go ahead and take it out..u can always put it back later =).

next week im retrofitting 6.5'' infinity speakers in my fronts...going to chill and use 3 days to do it.

good luck.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Well if its a 90-93 accord LX its 6.5" front and back, Fit without any modifiying, I actually bought 6x9 speaker grilled off e-bay for $15 total included shipping..

- He's right about the window part, I touched the back of the speaker to the glass on the back window on one of the 6x9's, Grounded my shit out and blew the amp on the back on the head unit ($350 premierr deck), Good thing i bought that replacement plan, Whew.

Comment

Working...
      X