Dome light problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dome light problem

Ok so I know virtually nothing about the wiring on my cb7, and the problem is when the dome light switch is in the middle, its supposed to be off when the doors are closed, yet when both doors are closed, the dome light won't go off, and my door ajar light stays on for the passenger side, even though i slammed the hell out of it, so its definately closing all the way (it was doing this before I slammed it, so I didn't knock anything loose).

So, which section would that mean the connection problem would be in? Seems to me like the problem would be within the door itself, but could it be somewhere else?
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

check the pin at the door jam just under the striker. take it off by unscrewing it. DONT loose the connector that is attached to it.

now disconnect it, does the dome light turn off (make sure other doors is closed).

thats usually the issue, 13 bucks at the dealership for those
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
      check the pin at the door jam just under the striker. take it off by unscrewing it. DONT loose the connector that is attached to it.

now disconnect it, does the dome light turn off (make sure other doors is closed).

Yeah man, two of mine or broken... except they don't recognize when the door is open. I hate those little things.
      Click for my ride thread.

Comment

ahh...our love for accords

*Needs*
        -New shocks
        -Struts
        -Drop
        -Cleaning
        -New Tires/Wheels
        -New Window Tint
        -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech

Thanks, I'll check that out later on
          There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

its called a door pin switch.

when your door shuts it pushes it down, slamming it does nothing but damage your car.

replace the switch and your problem should be solved like the other guys said.

Member Ride Facebook
            XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
            For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
            X