new amp install help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new amp install help!

okay so i jus installed my 2nd amp 4 my car. i orig. had a 4channel amp connected to my audio speakers and i bought a sub that came with a amp on black friday. i installed teh new amp n when i turn the keys to the ignition i start hearing this weird noise commin frm all 4 speakers n when i move with windows down or up...u can hear the noise commin frm the speakers...any 1 got any idea what to do?? cuz this is getting on my nerve...

"You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive."

Sounds like you have a bad ground somewhere. I would re-check all grounds, and Move them to one of the bolts under the rear seat (if they arent there already)

Comment

alright ill try that tomarrow thanx

Comment

Start by checking the ground on the new amp. The noise started when you installed that, so the evidence points to that as the culprit.
        ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
        '93 EX 5-speed coupe
        Short ram intake
        Tenrai Himoto catback
        Smashed front end
        Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

did u run new lines to each speaker??? did u disconnect the old lines if you did...?
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
            did u run new lines to each speaker??? did u disconnect the old lines if you did...?
            yeah i did run new lines

Comment

make sure all signal lines are away from all power lines. That will get you interference. Make sure your power and ground wires aren't too small for the equipment that you are running, and also make sure you have good grounds (like I said before).

Comment

ground loop isolator, thats what you need from running mulitple amps

http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID...productID/1097

Comment

Originally posted by xfactortype1
                  ground loop isolator, thats what you need from running mulitple amps

http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID...productID/1097
                  not always necessary with multiple amps. Depending on the quality of the products, and the quality of the install, that will determine if an isolater is needed. I've always done big systems, and NEVER needed one. Whenever there was an issue, it was always something to do with wires too close together.

Comment

okay i checked the ground and everything...n i did troubleshoots n i still get the same noise. i disconnected my old amp n let jus let the subs n the new amp work...n it dosnt make any noise...but when i disconneted the subs n new amp the noise came back when my old amp n speakers were running...n i didnt even touch the ground wire on the old amp. n it was working b4 i even installed the new amp. so any suggestions? would that ground loop isolator work?? n how many would i need?? cuz the amp im havin trouble with is a 4 channel.
                    Last edited by cb7FoME; 12-20-2007, 03:24 PM.

Comment

are your amps grounded in the same spot?
                      FA1

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater
                        are your amps grounded in the same spot?
                        kinda not really..its like one end of the trunk to the other end

Comment

can be a bad amp, poor ground, or bad rca or even bad deck.

make sure you scratch the paint on the ground
                          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

You know I have heard for years of people saying to scratch the paint off before you put a ground on the metal but I have never had that problem.

Comment

Originally posted by blue93cb
                              You know I have heard for years of people saying to scratch the paint off before you put a ground on the metal but I have never had that problem.
                              me either, but there are some cases where it is needed, lets say you have a small issue, the ground will make it a even bigger issue...and it only takes a few seconds to scratch off the ground, i usually use a flathead screwdriver.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                              X