oem alternator w/ sub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oem alternator w/ sub

hey guys... i dont really wanna put too much money into my cb7... but i do want a sub hooked up.. i have my amp & Sub already (PPI 1250amp and 2 JBL 12") subs were giving to me otherwise i'd use a single.. anyways.. im wondering if this will work ok on the oem alternator? or i guess what im asking is how much do you guys think the oem alternator will handle?.. ive used the same setup in my GS and the alternator has been fine for over 2 yrs... wondering if it'll be okay with the accords alternator.. thanks guys
    93 LX CB7 in Beige...Auto...
    98 Lexus GS4

if its the orginal one you might as well just replace it, better safe than sorry
    wat?

Comment

its not original its maybe got 10k on it
      98 Lexus GS4

Comment

Originally posted by adam2562
        its not original its maybe got 10k on it
        Then It should be fine I know mine has a voltage regulator problem where the lights get dim under 1k rpm so Im going to replace mine soon.
        wat?

Comment

I had 2 12s that had about 1000 RMS power all on my oem alternator....Im not sure how old the alternator was but it held up fine.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

if you dont wanna the dim in your lights i suggest getting a high output alt.

The Wood grippin' - Mesh spinnin' Accord
            My Ride | Cars from my trip to Japan | Japan II

Comment

a good battery and a capacitor.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

capacitors are a waste of money dont invest in one
                bow down and S my D

Comment

Its a mini Battery. It taking the abuse that a battery would take. Why is that a waste?

The Wood grippin' - Mesh spinnin' Accord
                  My Ride | Cars from my trip to Japan | Japan II

Comment

Originally posted by OnBBS17s
                    Its a mini Battery. It taking the abuse that a battery would take. Why is that a waste?
                    x2 and it puts less straing on the complete electrical system in the car. Get one you wont regret it. It will prevent the dimming of lights and crap when you start turnin it up.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Thanks guys... i had juts bought anew alternator for my car n then my power steering line attached to ther pump right above the alternator blew and went all over the alternator so that went about a week after.. so im just getting a used alt and power steering pump for now.. so i'd rather not have to buy a high output alt. for now.... but maybe i'll look into a used capacitator... if anyone has a used one let me know.. Thanks for the replies!!
                      98 Lexus GS4

Comment

I have one, I have never had a problem with dimming lights or really anything.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by adam2562
                          Thanks guys... i had juts bought anew alternator for my car n then my power steering line attached to ther pump right above the alternator blew and went all over the alternator so that went about a week after.. so im just getting a used alt and power steering pump for now.. so i'd rather not have to buy a high output alt. for now.... but maybe i'll look into a used capacitator... if anyone has a used one let me know.. Thanks for the replies!!
                          you could have it rebuilt for a higher output

also i highly recommend a cap. for any systems putting over 1000watts, yes the alt. can handle it(mines has 1800watts bumpin for 5yrs now) but do truly have your car run at its optimum, have a cap., its a preventive device, prolly why the last guy said its a waste b/c it really doesnt add any performance to anything
                          "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

i had issues with my 90 accord lx and a 500watt amp. when the sub would bump, the lights would dim. i think i read that in 1992, they upgraded the wiring they were using at honda.

i had a 1 farad cap and it didn't even help, i ended up buying a higher output alternator and called it a day.

i didn't have problems with it hurting my alternator, but it would dim and also cause the amp to shut down due to the lack of power available after it pulled down the battery a bit.

all cb7's are NOT the same. depending on the shape of the engine, the electricity already being pulled from the system by the car, the condition of the wiring, etc, it may or may not work out alright for you.
                            ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

caps are a waste of money it does not act like mini battery. it takes less then a second for a cap to discharge but takes a mind to charge back up. and it is stilll drawing power from the battery to make the charge. get 2 deepcycle batts or 1 and a HO alt. if sumone wants to try to say otherwise about the caps not being a waste good ahead. but ill tell u what u show me a spl car that is using caps and doing decent scores (145db+) and then maybe just maybe i will admit to them not being a waste of money.
                              Members Ride sold...
                              I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Working...
                              X