oem alternator w/ sub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18
    caps are a waste of money it does not act like mini battery. it takes less then a second for a cap to discharge but takes a mind to charge back up. and it is stilll drawing power from the battery to make the charge. get 2 deepcycle batts or 1 and a HO alt. if sumone wants to try to say otherwise about the caps not being a waste good ahead. but ill tell u what u show me a spl car that is using caps and doing decent scores (145db+) and then maybe just maybe i will admit to them not being a waste of money.

Take in what the guy is pushing . A cap is plenty good for this application. Yes, ANYONE doing 145db+ will need more then a cap and a D/C batt and HO alt it ideal but not necessary. but i dont think a ppi 1250 is gonna hit 145db or need more then a cap.
    Last edited by OnBBS17s; 09-18-2007, 12:48 AM.

The Wood grippin' - Mesh spinnin' Accord
    My Ride | Cars from my trip to Japan | Japan II

Comment

Originally posted by OnBBS17s
      Take in what the guy is pushing ya twit. A cap is plenty good for this application. Yes, ANYONE doing 145db+ will need more then a cap and a D/C batt and HO alt it ideal but not necessary. but i dont think a ppi 1250 is gonna hit 145db or need more then a cap.
      do u know how a cap actually works?????? a cap ends up doing harm to ur system. get a decent battery. u know one that u dont buy at walmart. opitima powermaster kenitic. a cap doesnt even really help with burps there for making the a waste.
      Members Ride sold...
      I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Good job backing up your argument ..... You're basically making more claims but not explaining them, not to mention some of your typing doesn't make sense.

Comment

a cap needs a charging source(batt) it receive the first charge no prob because the cap is charged with the system off. now the system is turn on and the first NOTE hits the cap right then discharges. now the cap must recharge there for the music is still playing so the batt is powering the amps like before and now it is having to attempt to recharge the cap. well as soon as the cap gets charged again...... oh wait it doesnt get fully charged again because your bat is still powering ur amp and then the cap is have to discharge again. there it is putting a strain on the electrical system and slowly killing ur batt and ur alt. does that make sense? is that enough of an explaination?

fyi for everyone u can run 2 batts on a stock alt with no prob u can actually make it 2 deep cycle batts at that. i have been running 2 yellow tops for about 7-8 months with no probs at all.
          Members Ride sold...

Comment

The fact that its not a big system kills your explanation. An amp like that isn't going to kill the power off a 1-farad cap in the first hit. Its all about amount. Not everything is a standard amount of power. Your explanation would work if it was a 1500watt amp and a 1 farad but its not is it? Not that any of this matter cause the guy came to his decision 4 DAYS AGO. Done

Comment

Originally posted by OnBBS17s
              The fact that its not a big system kills your explanation. An amp like that isn't going to kill the power off a 1-farad cap in the first hit. Its all about amount. Not everything is a standard amount of power. Your explanation would work if it was a 1500watt amp and a 1 farad but its not is it?
              ummm dude the amount doesnt matter. 500 or 20000 as soon as that first note plays ALL the power from the cap is discharged. it doesnt hold any of it in. that is what i trying to tell u. u dont have facts to prove it has to be a BIG system. big is in the ear of the listener. to me 1500 watts isnt big but to some people thats freakin HUGE.
              Members Ride sold...

Comment

I'd do this. Get a HO alternator, Optima Yellow top, and big 3.

Comment

Originally posted by MenaceAccord92
                  I'd do this. Get a HO alternator, Optima Yellow top, and big 3.
                  pics of the big 3 will be up soon for our cb7's and finally sumone understands what to do
                  Members Ride sold...

Comment

Working...
                  X