Engine Whine Though Aux Inputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Whine Though Aux Inputs

Alright i just installed Sirius Radio in my car and it sounds good....all but one lil thing. I have it powered up and i am using the line out from the Sirius to the Aux inputs on my Panasonic cd player. The only problem is when i listen to it, a majority of the times when i accelerate or just even idle, i can hear the engine. now if i unplug the line out and just use the built in FM modulator on the Sirius then i get no engine whine. Also when i plug in my Zune though the Aux in, there is no whine, unless i am charging the Zune and playing it. So i think that it only happens when i have any sort of power running to a device though the Aux in. any suggestions guys because Aux in sounds so much better than the FM mod. thanks

cody

i dont know if this is right but i know that you can get sounds like that if it isnt grounded correctly.... i hear my laptop fan through my speakers because its ungrounded... so maybe check that???

Comment

It is a ground interference issue.

You can try to move the ground, and find a better one, or you can try one of the ground loop isolators that is commercially available.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

well i thought it might be the ground, but the guys at circuit city put on an extra ground. but you think that is the problem?

Comment

that would be my guess because i have had it happen several times tho not on cars and it has always been a grounding problem

Comment

Originally posted by birdman86
            well i thought it might be the ground, but the guys at circuit city put on an extra ground. but you think that is the problem?

It can be caused by a bad ground, or it can be caused by a ground that is located in a place that has lots of interference. Try a ground loop isolator and see if that works.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I would have to say there is something besides the ground that "could" cause that issue. I'm using custom grounding plates welded into the trunk and all my equipment is grounded well; I have the same Issue. Although I haven't looked into the matter as of yet, I though I'd let you know what I think.
              Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Do you have an amplifier in your system. If so that could be something you might wanna look into. Cause if your ground is good then you're getting your noise through your RCA jacks. When you had your install done did they run the power wire next to your RCAs. If so that could be the problem. Or like what was stated above, get a ground loop isolator.
                "Wise people treasure knowledge, but the babbling of a fool invites disaster" Proverbs 10:14

Comment

Working...
                X