Its DVD time!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its DVD time!!!

w00t just picked up a 7" widescreen tft lcd and dvd player to put in the cb7. I just installed an inverter to power the player and tomorrow the rest will be in. Next step is two more screens for the headrests. I'll post pics soon.

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
    Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #4
    Official Ebay Whore Crew #9

dats hott i wanna see pics!

Comment

I envy you, I want screens in my whip more than anything. I hate being broke.

Comment

I've just picked up a digital FM modulator that goes inline with the antenna lead into the head unit so I can get audio to the system. The screen will be completely mounted just above the center vents sitting slightly lower than the top edge of the dash, it will look sweet. Pic will be up tomorrow. I'm having to convert the headrest mount that it came with to get it on the dash. In the next few days if a deal goes thru I will have two slightly smaller screens to put in the headrests. I've found a good website with lots of install tips...the12volt.com The forums are filled with pro installers with good techniques.

Comment

sounds like you have a plan keep us updated

Comment

alright it's all in, finished late last night. Took 3 days to get it all crammed in there! Deal fell through for 2 headrest screens as of now, so that will have to wait. Two pics below. Havn't found a place for the screen harness wire yet. The DVD player is from Sam's club and was only 40 bucks!! It plays dvd+/-r, (s)vcd, mp3 (and regular cd's of course), mpeg, and even has a jpeg browser built in, SCORE!!! I am going to build a shrowd to go around the player, cuz it kinda sticks out without one. BTW, the fm modulator too a few tries for a good ground to eliminate engine whine, but now its non-existent and the audio quality is superb. Tell me what you think.
            btw-cookie to whoever can name who that is playing guitar.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by skubydobdo; 07-10-2004, 03:48 PM.

Comment

dvd player.
              Attached Files

Comment

tom morello

Comment

haha i remember when my dash looked like that...

that screen is tight though. i want one

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4th gen
                    tom morello
                    RIGHT YOU ARE!!!

Comment

nice is dat dvd player a home unit wow 40 buckz i want one i paid 70 for mine and it dosent play svcd but it plays every thing eles gota love sams wholesale is da way to go

thing bout da cb7 is where to place da screen everyone puts it up there i dunno why but i dun like dat spot but it is da best spot to put it, you should put da dvd playa n da glove box
                      Last edited by Jay187; 07-11-2004, 12:49 AM.

Comment

whats with the installation kit on the deck?

JDMED

buy my jdm part
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

I thought about putting it in the glove box, and I still may do it, I just didn't feel like cutting it up at the time. As far as the deck mount, my car has been broken into 3 times over the last 4 years and that section of dash has been so screwed up that a local shop made that piece for me. I spent 2 months trying to locate a replacement dash piece but after so long I gave up because I needed music. The dash insert will come in handy cuz I can cut any size opening to fit something else down there, it's completely hollow behind there.

Comment

reminds me of this guy's setup....

the same dvd player is under the passenger seat instead. looks good man.
                            2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                            2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

thanks. I thought of putting the screen lower over the vents like that pic abover, but I live in Florida and it's too hot to cover them up like that and get no air flow. I tried to fit the player under the seat but there wasn't enough room height wise. I just barely got the DC-AC inverter under there. Does anyone have an idea on where to stick the screen wiring harness wire?? I was thinking down into that center cap thing between the air vents (it pops off) but it didn't look like it could go anywhere once it was in.
                              Last edited by skubydobdo; 07-11-2004, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X