installing keyless entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installing keyless entry

im installing keyless entry on a 91 ex-i, for some odd reason when i press the lock button on the remote, all doors will lock, except for the drivers door... then when i press unlock on the remote, they wont unlock untill i lock the drivers door manually & vice versa, now whys this?

what i did was tap the wires into the ones going to the motor in the drivers door (blue & black/red, on the motor's side the colors where blue/white & blue/red) i think this would be the problem, and i know from searching that its supposed to be the black/white & black/red wires, but i cant find where the hell they are :@ i looked around both kick panels, & in the door and still no luck... help please!!

oh and the car is rhd
    Last edited by A18A; 07-19-2007, 08:27 PM.

H22A Vigor
    SR20 Accord

i need help asap pleeeeease

H22A Vigor
    SR20 Accord

Comment

in the drivers kick pannel take off the pannel that covers the fuse box area. take that WHOLE thing off....look at the loom going to the rear of the car, if ur car is a virgin you will see the 2 wires u are looking for on a 2 pin connector harness wrapped with blue tape towards the fire wall.

if not back track a bit to about half way and dig in the wires you should find the colors there...

i thin its black red and blk white.

its all in that main wire loom.

they are both negitive pulse.

honestly if u went inside the door u can go directly to the outer pins of the switch and get ur locks there.

let me know if you need any help, i love installing alarms.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

oh awesome thanks for the help, ill have to try tomorrow, bit dark now

H22A Vigor
        SR20 Accord

Comment

1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

thanks what about the left & right turn signal wires?
            Last edited by A18A; 07-20-2007, 06:40 AM.

H22A Vigor
            SR20 Accord

Comment

just hook up to the parking lights....red black.

u can get it almost anywhere including dimmer switch, the plug just above the fuses or in the loom going towards the rear.

also one of the "plugs" on the fuse box, i think number 2 or number3 u can tag into with like the male spade connector.
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by Overdosed F20A5
                thanks what about the left & right turn signal wires?
                Ya you shouldn't be connecting the alarm/keyless entry to the signal just the parking lights..... Two different things
                1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

i still cant find it even if my life depended on it

can someone point me in the right direction from there^?

also cant find the wires i need in the harness going towards the rear of the car either

aaand cant find the wires in the door panel either, just a black/red & blue/white which is what i had it connected to and it wouldnt go
                  Last edited by A18A; 07-20-2007, 06:19 PM.

H22A Vigor
                  SR20 Accord

Comment

some of those right hand drive cars dont have a drivers door lock actuator. if thats the case (and sounds like it is based on your first post) youll have to add an actuator and wireing that to your alarm should lock the other doors as well
                    FA1

Comment

oh shit i think your right... damn, hope 1 from my 89 accord would fit

H22A Vigor
                      SR20 Accord

Comment

oh you DONT have power door locks??? heheh.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

i love reading alarm/keyless questions.. almost as much as i love when people try installing it themselves and come to me asking how to do stuff.

if you were my customer i would tell you give me a hundred bucks and ill do it for you.

keyless in our cars should be very easy, i havent worked on a right hand drive, buuuut, theres one harness that has constant, ign, starter by ur fuse panel, then theres a harness down in the kick panel. its pretty simple.

like said before u may need an acuator, and you have direct techs, u should be set, if that shit still dont work ill give u audiovox tech lol.

u should be able to handle it from everything everyones given u

Member Ride Facebook
                          XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                          SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                          For Sale Thread

Comment

yeah all i need is a drivers side actuator, other than that i'd be good.. it was much easier installing the alarm in my other accord lol

H22A Vigor
                            SR20 Accord

Comment

Working...
                            X