whistlin from speaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whistlin from speaker?

I just hooked up a new speaker, jus a regular pioneer 6x8 notin special, i cut a hole in the middle of my back seat and mounted it their...which actually turned out really good, better than i expected. but anyways, i hear a whistlin sound comin from it, it gets higher as i rev the engine too which is weird, i have it hooked up to my amp, the amp already had two speakers hooked up to that port, so it's the third speaker on the port(+-)

Any ideas what causing this? I actually heard this sound BEFORE i ever hooked this up, it just wasnt clear where it was coming from before, so somethings up with my power/speakers/amp.

mostlikely ur radio needs more ground. i had that before.
    but it could also be a bad ground for a amp or having a power cable real close to a audio cable from what i hear.

take ur car to a audio shop and have them look at it. Mines was fixed in like five minutes (radio).

Comment

deff a ground ur hearing "engine noise" check all of ur grounds even ur amp grounds. make sure ur amp grounds are no longer than 18 inches from the amp in a good paint free spot and the radio should be grounded the chassis also but u could prob get away with grounding it to the harness depending on how much power ur running (watts) u should also have ur power and rca's not ran next to eachother cuz that could make the same sounds
      sold to the highest bidding stanger i miss this bitch
      the 93 ex to come soon

Comment

Could just be a fluke because you have too many speakers hooked up to one channel, which BTW is a bad idea either way.
        Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Do u have pics of ur cut out and install of ur speaker in seat
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Definently your ground. Find a good place for ground sand off the paint if theres any and that should fix the problem. I did that and its gone now.

My New Ride
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

or it could be your battery ground. From the battery to the block ground could be bad. I did all of the above on mine, and none of them worked, so then i replaced the ratty old 12ga. ground with 4 ga. Its perfect now.

1999 Honda Prelude
              Photography Site

Comment

dont listen to me on this subject. It was fixed for a day, then it came back. Im about to resort to going to an audio shop and have them find it. IF my battery-tranny ground was good, and my amp-chassis ground was good, could bad engine grounds be the culprit?

1999 Honda Prelude
                Photography Site

Comment

Originally posted by zelseman
                  could bad engine grounds be the culprit?
                  ive seen it before, would definatly check it.
                  how do you have your rca and power wires ran? where is your ground? do you have multiple amps or a cap?
                  FA1

Comment

rcas on pass side, and power on drivers side. Ground is in the trunk floor. 1 amp, no caps

1999 Honda Prelude
                    Photography Site

Comment

I'd say either check your grounds and maybe ugrade the wire size or also a friend of mine put a capacitor in when he had the problem cause it was like a supercharger whine sound from the alternator. but start witht the cheap stuff first! grounds!!
                      Ohio CB7's Midwest CB7's Ohioaccords.com
                      "tellin you dude nacho dick cheese is on the rise! soon it'll be next to spam on shelves!"

92 lx sedan- JY heaven
                      93 Ex still getn stuff in an out
                      02 Avalanche

Comment

Originally posted by zelseman
                        rcas on pass side, and power on drivers side. Ground is in the trunk floor. 1 amp, no caps
                        why not the other way around ? the battery is on the pass. side so there is no reason to run more cable than needed. they should be separated, though. x2 on checking ground. make sure the ground cable is the same size as the power also.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

get more ground

but hey, its cool to have some kind of 'irritating' pseudo turbo whistle sound

rode in a friends car with LOTS of ICE equipment, and i heard the whistling sound too

i asked him, "dude, whats that sound"

he said, "turbo"

ROFL

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                          Honda Accord Euro-R
                          Honda Odyssey Absolute
                          Honda City I-DSi
                          Honda Stream

Comment

Working...
                          X