98-00 civic si deck!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

98-00 civic si deck!!!

i have a 90lx and wondered if a 98-00 civic si or 00-04 odeyssy oem deck work on my accord? will i need to by a converter or something? has anyone done it yet? thanks

Originally posted by cp[mike]
    oh well. its just a car, its not the end of the world.

yea it CAN work...you need to switch your factory harness to a newer style harness...

Head Games Intl

Comment

thanks. i ll have to try that.

Comment

another question?

Does anyone know how i could switch my factory harness to a newer style harness for a si deck?

Comment

Re: another question?

Originally posted by 90accordlxcb7
          Does anyone know how i could switch my factory harness to a newer style harness for a si deck?
          think about it...how do you think you can do it..

Head Games Intl

Comment

yes it can be done easily...if you look at both types of harness they both have 13 wires coming out of it. those wires are all the same so you can just color match it. you would need a basic 20 pin harness that goes into our stock radio harness then you need the reverse 13 pin harness which is what you plug directly into the unit. then just crimp all 13 wires plug both of ends of the harness in and your set.
            Last edited by Blk EX Coupe; 05-25-2004, 09:38 PM.

Comment

i heard that a 98 civic (im not sure if its si or not) has the same connection as our accords and early model hondas. is this true?

Comment

Hate to be the dick, but you can't just swap dashes around. The door panels have to meet up. Door dimentions aren't easiy modified. Mounting, wiring, all that. It's nothing you can just improvise. Hook up with a local race shop. Seriously.

Comment

i heard that a 98 civic (im not sure if its si or not) has the same connection as our accords and early model hondas. is this true?

98+ uses a different harness then ours pretty much everything before 97 and older will work with no problems other then the code...

Comment

doesn't the 97 prelude have the same deck though?

Comment

no clue if the 97 prelude uses the same deck but i do know that the harness will fit...

Comment

Re: 98-00 civic si deck!!!

i have a 90lx and wondered if a 98-00 civic si or 00-04 odeyssy oem deck work on my accord? will i need to by a converter or something? has anyone done it yet? thanks
                        what's wrong with your current radio? or do you want a OEM CD player?
                        ~~~~~~~

Comment

nothings wrong with my oem deck, but its just a cassette player and i like the style of the civic decks and they're cd players too. i just want to keep it clean and make it look like its the original one.

Comment

also having a oem deck will stop damn ppl for takeing em while your sleeping

Comment

Working...
                            X