Speakers? 6x9 or 6.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speakers? 6x9 or 6.5

I was reading that 6x9 speakers arnt that great.Can someone verify this or is there mixed feelings about it?I will either be using Pioneer 6x9 5 wasy's or Pioneer 6.5 4 way's.Thanks

don't believe everything you read. it really depends on what you like. some people like sound quality, some like bass. it's all up to the person with the remote in their hand.

Comment

Originally posted by minoreparations
      don't believe everything you read. it really depends on what you like. some people like sound quality, some like bass. it's all up to the person with the remote in their hand.
      x2 it's subjective..
      and would also depend on the whole system itself..

Comment

Originally posted by minoreparations
        6x9 are honestly worthless. u dont use anything smaller then 8 for bass. 6x9's arent subs ovals doesnt matter who makes them will never compare to a set of components!!!!!!!!!
        Members Ride sold...
        I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

The shape of a 6x9 actually does create weaker spots in the cone, which can cause distortion. Were as a perfect circle will be uniform throughout and have the same control across its intire surface. Not that it is a huge deal, but when you get down to it this is an advantage that a 6.5 has over the 6x9. But then again the 6x9 has more surface area and will push a slight bit more air (not a sub) for more midbass. Just my 0.02
          2002 WRX Wagon = My Baby
          1993 CB7 Accord Ex Sedan = View it here

Comment

I honestly preffer 6x9 but most ppl would say go with 6x5, i really dont care im not going for spl competitions.
            1993 Accord EX
            2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by cegpcola
              The shape of a 6x9 actually does create weaker spots in the cone, which can cause distortion. Were as a perfect circle will be uniform throughout and have the same control across its intire surface. Not that it is a huge deal, but when you get down to it this is an advantage that a 6.5 has over the 6x9. But then again the 6x9 has more surface area and will push a slight bit more air (not a sub) for more midbass. Just my 0.02
              well put.. i personally think 6.5s sound better but if you dont want to run a sub you might think 6x9s are a better choice
              FA1

Comment

As stated, get a nice set of 6.5 components. I would have gotten components if I was going to do my car all over again....

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

Do it right and go with the components! I've got infinity perfect kappa components all the way around with 2 diamond subwoofers and I get compliments every time I have a guest ride in my car. Just make sure your setup is what you want. I had to buy an amp for my speakers (planned on it anyway) because all of my speakers are 2 Ohm.
                  Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

normal person:

6x9 on a nice stereo (has enough standard bass, nothing too much but good enough)

stereo dudes:

6.5 components ran with an amp and a nice stereo with a sub (not much bass out of 6.5 but thats why the sub is there and an amp to run that 6.5
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

6.5 4way will fit in your car
                      back at it again

Comment

6.5 in the front, 6x9 in the back
                        problem solved

Comment

Depends on your setup, they both have their pros and cons.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18
                            Depends on your setup, they both have their pros and cons.
                            please tell me the cons to haveing the 6.5 comps in there rather then the 6x9 ..... and if i hear "the lack of bass" u will be awarded a smiley!
                            Last edited by loud92CB7; 04-16-2007, 12:46 PM.
                            Members Ride sold...
                            I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

6.5 components in the front, 6.5s in the back on a 4ch, single 10 (based off basic setp) with about 300w (more/larger if want more bass) on an amp with 1 farad cap. there yo will have a semi-impressive system without breaking the bank.

Member Ride Facebook
                              XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                              SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                              For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X