tweeters have feedback???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tweeters have feedback???

ok, for some reason, whenever i have my car running, my tweeters make this strange feedback"ish" sound. this sound dose not happen when the car is off. anyone know what could be causing this??? thanks.

Sounds like you got yourself a classic case of alternator noise. Try re-grouding your HU, sometimes the harness ground isnt very good.

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

also, keep your power and rca's seperated. people run them both together and that can cause it too. it works best if you run the power down the same side as the battery. i run the rca's down the middle, but most shops don't want to waste that kinda time because you have to take out too much stuff.

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
      Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
      Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
      Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Comment

where would be a good spot to re ground it ya think??

Comment

I re-grounded mine to where the pannel bolts down for the ECU (passenger side).

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

ok i re-grounded my headunit to the ecu panel, double checked the rca's and power cord were on diff. sides. but still, whenever the car is turned on the tweets make this weird feedback sound. whyyy is this..any help is greatly appreciated. thanks.

Comment

anyyyyoneeeee???\

Comment

doesnt your head unit have a ground on the stock harness?
                H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

check your cross over settings if not then you have a noise problem how much power is your system sucking?? most car alternators will put out 1120 watts and u gota remember that you gonna need some power for the car n lights and other crap so if your runing dat much power in ampz i would say change your alternator if redoing your groundz and cross over and rcaz and power wires dont work

Comment

what kind of alternator do ya think would work best? and what should i expect to pay for soemthing like that if you know. the speakers are all alpine type r's, and are running of an alpine vpower 360w amp.

Comment

nice type rs are very nice but your amp isnt big enuff to be producing alternator noise theres gota be another resaon i would say take it to a very good local shop dat deals wit SPL and A/V in cars alot

Comment

yaaa ok...thanks alot for you help.

Comment

Working...
                        X