4 channel amp and speakers install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 channel amp and speakers install

Yesterday and today I installed my 4 channel amp, set of component speakers, set of 3 way speakers, and headunit. Keith (hondatuner4267) and another friend of mine were here yesterday and we did the bulk of the work, with Keith being a major help, mainly because he did the same thing a few months back.

Then today I had the job of putting the interior back in. Here are the pictures:

Keith running wire from the door to the inside of the car:

Keith still working on it from the trunk:

The interior and intall crap:

A friend of mine cutting some plywood for a new trunk floor. The truck is his.

He is still running that wire:

That was all I took yesterday, the rest on were taken today.

All the wires leading to the trunk:

tweeter mounted in the door. I cut the holes with a steak knife.

Wire on the passenger side going into somewhere, then coming out the door channel:

This is where it comes out:

Shitty picture, but it runs with the other wires that go into the door:

electrical tape will hold the wires:
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

All of them in the trunk, note the new floor:

Amp mounted to the seat:

The 6.5'' mid-bass in the door:

Tweeter:

Crossover mounted in the pocket, much larger than the ones Keith has.

The grommet in the driver's side:

Coming out the driver's side:

The RCA wires and remote wire:

Running down the driver's side floor:

Putting the carpet back in:
    Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

More carpet:

Wires everywhere!

Back seat bottom. Anyone want to ride now?

From the trunk:

Wires are still sort of messy:

Still no front seats:

The new headunit:

Almost got the driver's seat in:

Still waiting for another seat:

There it is!

Floormats back in:

Everything back.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

is that the kdc mp332?

i have the same one if so.

Comment

Yeah that is it.

Antenna input location is like the worst place ever for our cars. I can barely plug it in.
          Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

so was it planed that you wanted that crossover there? or couldnt fit it in the door?

what i would of done was since you were running wires in and out of the door you could of put the crossover inside the car and then run 2 wires in the door while looming it..

hehe unless that is what you wanted =)

never got a finished trunk look though, i saw a piece of wood for the rear...is that just there cause your cardboard that went there is toast?
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Nice install. Bet it sounds much better than the crappy stock stuff. BTW, did you replace the back speakers, it sounds like you did, I just don't see any pics. Good job

Originally posted by Maple50175
              Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Looking good... Whats the reason behind the 2 defroster switches?

Comment

Originally posted by CustomLowz
                  he's too cheap to spring for an OEM Fog Switch

Looks good after you got everything back in, and also why didnt you tell me my ass was hanging out in those pics? anyway, I know you can hear the difference

This install went alot smoother and faster than mine, but ofcourse I had never done anything like this until a few months ago. Running those wires to the doors was a bitch, but hey its done and its worth it

now lets get that grill painted Gary
                  Last edited by GunRunner; 12-28-2006, 12:03 PM.
                  -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                  -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                  -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                  -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

very nice. if imay make a suggestion though. recarpet the trunk floor (2 pieces, 1 for each peice)and put 2 hinges and that plywood.

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                      so was it planed that you wanted that crossover there? or couldnt fit it in the door?

what i would of done was since you were running wires in and out of the door you could of put the crossover inside the car and then run 2 wires in the door while looming it..

hehe unless that is what you wanted =)

never got a finished trunk look though, i saw a piece of wood for the rear...is that just there cause your cardboard that went there is toast?
                      I could have put the crossovers in the car, but that means running more wires, and making it harder to disconnect the door panel. The tweeters do not have provisions to disconnect at the tweeter, only at the crossover. Still, it is hard to remove the door panel now. If I want to remove it I will have to take the pocket off from behind and unscrew the wires from the terminals. Plus, putting the crossover actually in the door makes them more succeptable to damage.

Originally posted by Tnwagn
                      Nice install. Bet it sounds much better than the crappy stock stuff. BTW, did you replace the back speakers, it sounds like you did, I just don't see any pics. Good job
                      I did replace the back speakers as well with some 6.5'' Sony 3 way speakers. Not much different there, just a different set, installed in the stock pods of course. However, I do have a set of baffles I plan on putting back there, so some pictures may come soon.

Originally posted by CustomLowz
                      Get rid of the blank panel, but I do hope to one day wire it up to make a kill switch. But to do it I think I will have to gut it to put a toggle in, or possibly make it to have constant power.

Originally posted by floored
                      very nice. if imay make a suggestion though. recarpet the trunk floor (2 pieces, 1 for each peice)and put 2 hinges and that plywood.
                      I may do something like that. I was thinking if I just put a couple of hinges in, I would still be able to lift the floor up to access the spare, and the carpet would function normally.
                      Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

very good install, not as many wires as the one I just did. I took a week to do mine: 4 alpine amps, a 4ch behind the driver seat, mono sub behind the pass seat, under custom sub-flooring so they won't get stepped on, new trunk flooring plywood two peice on plywood(with sound matting on the floor of the trunk plus rear deck), custom box for 1 12" bolted to floor in hidden manner in case of theives, rear pods next to the sub with 6.5"'s and tweeters for parking lot pimpin, two amps in the back that are oldschool 2ch alpine 1 for the speakers in the pods, another for a center channel, wired everything up for 5.1 channel surround sound, put a power inverter under the driver seat, have a mini computer in the dash instead of a radio. I ran SO MUCH WIRE it's not even funny...
                        All alpine amps and speakers except the sub which is Elemental designs. All spent on the amps and speakers is about $400. Computer probably another 350-400. Sounds INCREDIBLE. I can't speak enough about sound matting the doors and deck. I used to use tweeters separately on top of the 3 ways in the doors but if you matt inside the door it kills the road noise and brings out the sound a LOT. Before the door speakers were always mudded a bit and drowed out, now they sing. go to elementaldesigns.com and get there sound deadening matting, it's a heck of a lot cheaper than dyno matt and you will thank your ears. and the sub I got is a cheap sub they make oem style, I paid 40 but now it's $25 and everyone who has heard it says it'll decimate else anything up to $100. model is EHQS 12"
                        My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Wow, very awesome. pwns best buy by far.
                          Meh, not feeling the honda game anymore.
                          MY CAR IS SOLD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by champagneaccord
                            Wow, very awesome. pwns best buy by far.
                            Much cheaper too. While shopping for stuff I went to a local car audio place and asked for a ball-park figure on a comprable setup, 1 set 6.5 components, 1 set 6.5 coaxials, and 4 channel amp plus install. They said $1000 for it. Of course, this was probably top of the line stuff, and mine is more midrange. But not including the headunit, the stuff only was around $300.
                            Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Working...
                            X